Battlefront Map Conversion (Sereja's Otoh Gunga Map)

Started by Cro-nik, January 06, 2017, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 06, 2017, 12:14:28 PM Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:07:26 AM by Cro-nik
Hey guys,

I bet many of you know of Sereja's awesome Otoh Gunga (Gungan City) map. I'm a huge fan of the map, but sadly it's only available for Battlefront I. Could any of you with modding expertise somehow convert it to a Battlefront II map? I and many others would be very grateful since it is one of the most well-designed and fun maps to play.

Thanks alot!

EDIT By Anyder: U do not need to create 2 topics writing the same. With one it is enough.

We have discussed this on other threads, and Sereja will probably comment as well.

Sereja's maps were designed with Battlefront 1 in mind.  Even though both games run on relatively the same engine, it is still a different game, and has a different engine.  Sereja's maps have effects and a lot of other stuff in them that crashes in Battlefront 2.  Why? We don't know.  The assets for his maps are readily available on this site if you and others wish to try it yourself, but the odds are that it will be too big of a task to convert the map.

I know, I'm pessimistic.  But many have come and said "Let's convert his maps to Battlefront 2!", and none have been successful to my knowledge.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Funnily enough there are youtube videos of people playing the Otoh Gunga map in Battlefront II, however they sadly don't provide a download link. It is definitley possible.

Please provide a link.  We might know who did it.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Does anybody know where the Battlefront II version can be downloaded?

January 17, 2017, 05:56:02 AM #6 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:00:22 AM by Triops
I found that link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/99cbdz342q5kdsy/Naboo+Otoh+Gunga.zip. I tried it and I had a crash, but maybe its my old computer. (I am not sad because the superb original for swbf1 works)
Please write if it works on yours.
Best wishes Triops

Thank you very much for taking the time to find this, however I am unable to run it as well! When I load the map my game instantly crashes. What a shame. Too bad Sereja doesn't make his maps for Battlefront II.

Some interesting discussion here; http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=31552 looks like Acemastermind was close and he's the one credited along with sereja in the ultimate pack located here; https://swsaga.ru/

I couldn't get any of the links working past the loading screen with or without the 1.3 patch and I don't really want to download the ultimate pack which is massive. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Do you think someone converted the models and the effects for the map to bf2?
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A