New way to play SWBFI online? (not Tunngle)

Started by Kit Fisto, April 07, 2013, 05:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You Can Thank Me Now!

Just kidding. So this works huh! Great! I guess being so bored that I look up random Battlefront gameplays isn't a waste after all!

So, with the whole Openspy ordeal, it popped into my head (and probably not just mine, I imagine), that we could do an OpenSpy like setup, but direct it to Tunngle instead of OpenSpy? I have no idea how it works, but I am almost certain that OpenSpy will go down far before Tunngle does. Tunngle is a company after all.

So my question is; Can we make a patch like Openspy, but for Tunngle?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 17, 2013, 04:32:06 PM
So, with the whole Openspy ordeal, it popped into my head (and probably not just mine, I imagine), that we could do an OpenSpy like setup, but direct it to Tunngle instead of OpenSpy? I have no idea how it works, but I am almost certain that OpenSpy will go down far before Tunngle does. Tunngle is a company after all.

So my question is; Can we make a patch like Openspy, but for Tunngle?

No.   Tunngle does not run any master server software.  It uses LAN mode via a Virtual LAN configuration.  No master server is required for LAN mode.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

May 21, 2013, 07:29:23 AM #123 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:33:52 AM by Eyes{VA}Only
Quote from: Buckler on April 30, 2013, 07:42:36 PM
I would like to try to compile this server software.  So, if you don't mind, let's test the openspy for direct connection servers and macs and by then maybe I can see if I can get our own operational.

If it works out well, I bet we could run our own stats server.

I would also like to try to get the SWBF2 master server working for us as well, as they are probably only a short while from being shut down too.

How about testing until about the end of May?  and then move the community to one place or another depending on the results?

Hello, I am a research and development entity primarily on swbfront2. I would like to start a collaborative project in order to get this working. Swbfront2 will be in the same boat as you guys are currently. Openspy server works great right now, but the fact is, openspy will get a CaD sooner or later, we need to get some code running ourselves before that happens.

The windows port is broken currently due to winsock issues. We have the server compiled and running on linux, but we had to reverse engineer the databases from code and logs since there was no actual sql file to create them. Just one that creates functions in the tables. We must have missed something since upon playing around with the server I created, I can connect to it but no servers actually show up. I think this is a field or table issue. I would like to start a collaborative effort on the project.

Quote from: Eyes{VA}Only on May 21, 2013, 07:29:23 AM
Hello, I am a research and development entity primarily on swbfront2. I would like to start a collaborative project in order to get this working. Swbfront2 will be in the same boat as you guys are currently. Openspy server works great right now, but the fact is, openspy will get a CaD sooner or later, we need to get some code running ourselves before that happens.

The windows port is broken currently due to winsock issues. We have the server compiled and running on linux, but we had to reverse engineer the databases from code and logs since there was no actual sql file to create them. Just one that creates functions in the tables. We must have missed something since upon playing around with the server I created, I can connect to it but no servers actually show up. I think this is a field or table issue. I would like to start a collaborative effort on the project.

We got it to compile on Ubuntu, but are missing the gamesmaster.games list or some such.  It sounds like we are in a similar spot.  It would be great to help each other out.

Just wondering, did we give up on Openspy?

If so and there is really no other practical way to play SWBFI online I could ask Gamertag Towellie to make a video explaining how to play online using tunngle.

Openspy is too unreliable in its present form.  The EyesOnly guy couldn't figure out how to log into my Linux server, and he doesn't seem to be interested in giving me his mySQL database.  So, I think that effort it dead.

That means tunngle and gameranger are our options, with perhaps the occasional DC when openspy works.

Just to confirm, there are no servers being hosted on OpenSpy? Actually, does it even still work? After applying the patch again it worked once but no one was online. Now it just stays on 0%.
I'm going to have to download Tunngle again aren't I? :slap:

Quote from: Roxas on June 14, 2013, 08:19:04 AM
Just to confirm, there are no servers being hosted on OpenSpy? Actually, does it even still work? After applying the patch again it worked once but no one was online. Now it just stays on 0%.
I'm going to have to download Tunngle again aren't I? :slap:
openspy no longer works for FC servers. i can't speak for other clans but we are forced to use tunngle only currently (tunngle sucks i know).

OpenSpy seems to turn off after around 8:00pm for me, and doesnt do any thing some days.

OpenSpy doesn't always seems to work for me, too. I fear I'm done with SWBF online...   :'(    At least I still am in love with SP. :happy:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

ya ive moved back to tunngle
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me