swbfgamers.com mappack idea?

Started by Kit Fisto, December 24, 2012, 03:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I had this idea, and it was that we make a swbfgamers.com mappack. Filled with the greatest/coolest SWBFI maps made. We could "market" it by having someone take a bunch of cool screenshots of the different maps and maybe a vid ( someone who likes editing? ) and then upload the file to any SWBF friendly place. Modb, filefront etc. even if the site is unreliable I would be more than happy to re-upload it to any site that looses the file. What do ya guys say? Cool? Bad? I think I tried to do something like this before but it didn't work out so well. But this time I have it more organized in my head.
So I would like to know what maps to do maybe?
I was thinking some conversions along with custom maps?
:cheers:

:wub: <3 the idea :P
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Sounds Good.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

December 24, 2012, 04:51:06 PM #3 Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:41:39 PM by vansting
I could make the music for the video? Dubstep, techno, dubstep/techno/rock, idk (instrumental).

Screamo please ! xd
(The Devil Wears Prada-Gimme Half --> Epic Song)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 24, 2012, 03:15:54 PM
So I had this idea, and it was that we make a swbfgamers.com mappack. Filled with the greatest/coolest SWBFI maps made. We could "market" it by having someone take a bunch of cool screenshots of the different maps and maybe a vid ( someone who likes editing? ) and then upload the file to any SWBF friendly place. Modb, filefront etc. even if the site is unreliable I would be more than happy to re-upload it to any site that looses the file. What do ya guys say? Cool? Bad? I think I tried to do something like this before but it didn't work out so well. But this time I have it more organized in my head.
So I would like to know what maps to do maybe?
I was thinking some conversions along with custom maps?
:cheers:

Be sure to get permission from the ones that did the maps/conversions.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Great! So it's on then!
Here is my plan:
1: select mods/maps to put in the mappack
2: get permissions
3: create a video for YouTube showcasing the maps ( I would need someone else to make it but I will upload to YouTube )
4: Create a README including individual maps readme's & an "intro" telling about swbfgamers. AND how to still play online. :)
5: Upload/release mappack to multiple SWBF friendly sites

Sounds good to me! So what maps to do, and how many? I say 7 maps is a good amount. Oh and how about we put in an "exclusive mod" like SK's legion changer! I think that will make it get lots of downloads! :cheer:

Here are my suggestions, please post yours! :)

1) Nar Shaddaa: Vertical City
2) Tantive IV: Interior ( sk's with my patch )
3) Dagobah: Swamps ( Sereja's )
4) Geonosis: Dust Plains
5) Snakes Modern Map ( sorry I forgot what it was called :P )
6) Coruscant: Jedi Temple ( sk's )
7) Sereja's SWBFII Kamino conversion*
AND
SleepKiller's Legion Changer Mod

* = the reason I have that is because that Kamino conversion requires a new common.lvl, but SK's legion changer only works if you have the common.lvl for his mod. Now I really like both the mod and the map and I think others would like it too, so is there a way that someone could some how make a common.lvl that has whatever Sereja's Kamino needs and then make it also compatible with the legion changer?  OR Sereja could release his scripts for that map and someone could make it call upon the custom common.lvl via mission.lvl... I think that would be better. Do you guys get what I'm saying?

Who would want to do that?

I like this an I hope we get it completed! :happy:

Dude you should add the bespin skin changer, best mod yet imo.

Sounds good to me! Would we come up with an official name for the map pack? Like swbfgamers.com featured mod maps or something?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212}MartyClaus on December 24, 2012, 07:46:40 PM
Dude you should add the bespin skin changer, best mod yet imo.
Agreed, Skin changer is far the best mod I even seen.
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

Yea to bad i cant find a winzip thatll work on windows 8 :( ...most mods are on zip.

December 24, 2012, 08:59:56 PM #12 Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:41:04 PM by Santa Bith
Not a bad idea, and yeah CCSC is an obvious choice.

Make sure the video has lots of brostep, otherwise I won't watch

December 24, 2012, 10:16:27 PM #13 Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:18:10 PM by Kit Fisto
Quote from: Santa Bith on December 24, 2012, 08:59:56 PM
Not a bad idea, and yeah CCSC is an obvious choice.

Make sure the video has lots of brostep, otherwise I won't watch
If you want you can make the vid! That would be great!

Well I think we should include the BESPIN Skin Changer because, yes that is pretty cool. But I also think we could maybe include the legion changer because from a single player point of view, I think people would enjoy the legion changer a bit more because it is for all maps. But don't get me wrong I love the Bespin Skin changer mod.

So Phobos would you be willing to make a new common.lvl that would include the legion changer and the AT-RT animation? I don't know what Sereja calls upon. If you would that would be AWESOME and I would be sure to give you massive credits in the final README product. You can use this I think to include the legion changer in it: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=414
You would have to contact Sereja and ask him what he uses for his custom common.lvl for Kamino.

What to call it? I think "swbfgamers.com official mappack #1"

I will not grant you permission to redistribute Tantive Iv with your patch. Sorry. You may redistribute unmodified versions of my ports in this map pack.

As for uploading it to other places. Don't bother with SWBFFiles it gets the most views and downloads by far. But it doesn't get files up anymore. Besides us MODDB is basically the only other place I know of that is worth bothering with. And we may even have over taken them now.

Also keep to maps not mods. Maps are easy to install and remove mods can become more complex. No legion changer, no CCSC not anything that modifies a file. Keep things simple! Simple means more people can use and it means they will be more likely to investigate where these maps came from.