Do you approve of radar being used in public servers?

Started by Phobos, September 19, 2012, 03:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phobos, I don't understand your logic. How is it fair to use radar-lvl-files but it's not fair to use the hex edited exe radar? Both have the exact same effect on the game.

And your statement that it's fair because everyone could get the radar if he wants: I can only refer to any other fps again, there are thousands of hacks for those and everyone can download and use them. But they get banned anyway, because it's an advantage over players who play with original game files.
Believe me, radar hacks are the most common in professional gaming.

To make it once more clear to you, theres no program injecting to the exe or in any other way overwriting memory regions in the process. It's just two changed values via hexediting. You know, like
AlwaysShowEnemies = 1
Nothing more then any other odf mods.

I'm honestly really shocked how intense you try to make using radar a fair game experience.

@Joseph, I can only quote myself: "I also don't care about crosshairs, skins whatever, because those advantages are minimal (I for myself play better without any changes). MM on the other side is, like ΙΞ¢KØ already said, over powered. You just don't stand a chance against a player on your skill level if he's using radar hack.
If someone would release a wallhack, would you support that aswell? Because it's working just the same as radar hack does."

If it were possible, I would make a server mod that would allow radar for everyone.

Then, we could alternate play on that server and the server where minimap radar hack/mod/whatever you want to call it is not allowed.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Also how many of the people that have radar have made it themselves???? Habi for one didnt make it and he admited that.

Ok, I really think this thread has run its course.  It has been a really good discussion and I am glad that everyone got a chance to share their views.  I will lock this thread before the weekend is over.

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Perhaps the best, so heres my last advice for radar users: Please just stop it and try playing normal again. I for myself cheated a long time and now that I quit it about one year ago I realise how much more fun it is to play fair.
Think of all the other players who don't have the knowledge to mod/download/use it themself.

Quote from: DEAGLE on October 06, 2012, 09:22:52 AM
Think of all the other players who don't have the knowledge to mod/download/use it themself.
Yes, during the few times I play online ( DC or GR ) I use no mods or skins and also I wouldn't be able to use those "hacks" anyway! And it ultimately comes to that. There are people who don't d/l mods or maps, they just play the game. I also think like what Deagle said, they have more fun than those with mods/hack whatever you wanna call it.
Now that this discussion is over, let's just all play SWBF...

October 06, 2012, 09:54:00 AM #112 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:09:12 AM by Phobos
@Deagle
It's fair to use LVL modded radar since the knowledge is public and anyone can use it. Radar as an advantage in this game is different than other games since in this game the server host gets to decide whether its a cheat or not, and is the only one with rights to ban players for using radar. I'm really not shocked that publicly you are against radar (although we know you used it in Invis vs UEF war) seeing how you are unable to distinguish between fair and unfair. If someone released a wallhack where you could walk through walls, I would be against it if it worked online in any server. Otherwise, I would be neutral towards it. Something that changes the walls is not the same thing as something that changes minimap. I can be opposed to one but not the other if I choose.

I won't use radar in servers where its cheating: where the host says so. In servers the host doesn't care, it isn't cheating, so I will use it if I decide to. Once again I see no reason to use ignorance on behalf of others as a justification to limit how I play swbf.

@Buckler
I see this thread has also gotten more replies than the other radar thread so it makes sense to lock it. Others are trying to derail it anyway, and its quite obvious that about half the player base here is against radar so I guess I'll say to those ppl: enjoy playing the game with no extra advantages and convincing yourself that anyone who uses them is a cheater. Other half of the player base isn't going to complain so I'm glad there's that at least.

To everyone:
Thanks for voting and sharing your views in the limited window during which discussion on the subject was available. Seeing how the poll will no longer be able to measure statistics after its 'lock', I have closed down the vote system for it. If you have further questions about radar contact me on xfire or PM.

Well before its locked,

Thank you Rage for using this cheat and thank you losers who use it too. I'm sure that some people do not say things against Rage because when they do, there is a 95% chance that any screenshots and/or videos over xfire will be flamed by this man with vulgar language, or they don't because they try not to give the finger to people, and just your name makes me use it.

I wish I could derail a train on you Rage. But odds are, you would see it coming because of your dumbdar. I gave the finger to your " Pro dumbdar community" on xfire, in the long run all the dumbdar users are just attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.

Well we've certainly seen some of our members' true colours in this thread.

My final thought;

Radar is a thing that divides opinion, and that's just the nature of things and stuff.

Quote from: Jamman on October 06, 2012, 11:59:11 AM
Well before its locked,

Thank you Rage for using this cheat and thank you losers who use it too. I'm sure that some people do not say things against Rage because when they do, there is a 95% chance that any screenshots and/or videos over xfire will be flamed by this man with vulgar language, or they don't because they try not to give the finger to people, and just your name makes me use it.

I wish I could derail a train on you Rage. But odds are, you would see it coming because of your dumbdar. I gave the finger to your " Pro dumbdar community" on xfire, in the long run all the dumbdar users are just attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.
Thank you for being stupid enough to call something a cheat when the server host say it isn't. The only one flaming is you and the other haters. Enjoy being a hater thats all you can do is hate you have no respect for this game or the amazing mods for it. Maybe you should find another game to troll.

October 06, 2012, 12:32:07 PM #116 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:36:03 PM by jdee-barc
Alright that's enough If you want to use it, go ahead and have an advantage that some people may see as unfair. If you don't want to use it, then no one's gonna force you to use it. The amount of anger concerning a feature of an almost 9-year old video game is concerning.

Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)