Units and Vehicles of the Mod

Started by jdee-barc, September 05, 2012, 07:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
cool camera angle, and I don't know if i've said this but I cant wait for this mod! :D
P.S. certain maps don't work on Mac's..... just letting you know... :happy:

I really hate how the Dark Troopers (both of 'em) show up in their lowrez models almost always. If this becomes too much of an issue I may have to heavily tweak (as a last resort) them to conform to the game's model memory limits.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

New Vehicle for extended Tatooine map, Armored sandcrawler. It's a command vehicle for the jawas and/or Tuskens.  I'm trying to piece together an odf so that people can spawn in the closed-off "room" inside of it (Model edited/made by FragMe!)
Current Projects:

That camera angle will definetely make things much easier to see. not to high off character and i can still view my surroundings. love it. BTW, one request: If It's not too much, an u also make a 2nd person camera angle (like in Dead Space) that has it's own seperate button to the side? That would be epic. :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Don't think thats entirely possible to do a second person perspective. Game has its limits. 1st person is fine the way it is, third person is what I changed.
Current Projects:

September 21, 2012, 02:03:24 PM #21 Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:05:28 PM by Regent
Quote from: jdee-barc on September 21, 2012, 01:22:43 PM
Don't think thats entirely possible to do a second person perspective. Game has its limits. 1st person is fine the way it is, third person is what I changed.
Isn't second person (in terms of gaming) from the perspective of another person watching the player?

Dead Space is 3rd person, they just positioned the camera to the left-ish.. right?

1st Person - You are the main guy.
2nd Person - You are a guy watching the main guy.
3rd Person - You are a floating omniscient presence watching the main guy.

You may be right, but Dead Space is classified to be in 2nd person. So I jsut went off that assumption for a moment to give a little visual on what i was asking for. but it doesnt matter now :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

October 08, 2012, 09:08:20 AM #23 Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:10:43 AM by jdee-barc
Clone Legions in renovation

Each legion has its own color (of course) but also its own appearance.

I have posted their screenshots in order of unit class: soldier, heavy, engineer, sniper, and jet trooper/clone commander and
9th Assault Corps
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

41st Elite
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

91st Recon Corps
[spoiler]

(Neyo FTW)
[/spoiler]
212th Attack Battallion
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

327th Legion
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

501st Legion
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Phase 1 Troopers
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Shock Troopers
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
White Generic Clones/Galactic Marines
[spoiler]
SOldiers

Heavy

Engineers

Snipers

Jet Trooper

Commander

[/spoiler]

And the Unit the occasionally replaces the sniper:
[spoiler] [/spoiler]
Current Projects:

Spiffy.

Are you making these guys shinny in-game too?

Most likely.
Current Projects:

I can't describe how impressed I am right now.
1. How does someone get time to do this.
2. How on earth did you think up all this skins.
3. How in heavens name did you get all the msh files, name everything, and decide where its going to go inside the mod....
4. How much time you must have spent learning how to mod everything your going to include in this mod.
This emoticon is an understatement of the very highest:

1. I had a week in the summer where I got sick and stayed home that week. So I decided to mod. I started things and edited them as I went along

2-3: Gametoast has some very good modelers such as DEVISS, AQT, and IceMember. They make awesome models. The site also has some great archives of clone skins (credits to ARC_commander, Satti, and THEWULFMAN)

4. 2 years.
Current Projects:

October 14, 2012, 09:12:55 PM #28 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:57:04 PM by jdee-barc
Stormtrooper Skin

I took the clone-stormtrooper base skin (by deviss), blew it up 8x (from 512x512 to 4096x4096), embossed it, adding in some miniscule details, some levels edits, and then shrunk it back down to appropriate size (1024x1024)
Current Projects:

Cool :)
Looks like he's had that armor for a few years.

I love how epic in scope your mods are.