Original WIP Topic

Started by jdee-barc, June 22, 2012, 07:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: jdee-barc on June 24, 2012, 12:28:03 PM
Hey @Buckler can we lock this until I'm ready to post a good update   :)?
Done; PM one of the modding team when you're ready.

June 26, 2012, 08:32:19 PM #16 Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:35:04 PM by jdee-barc
-Topic Unlocked-
UPDATE!!!!

So I had an idiot moment when I accidentally deleted my republic side folder (I was trying to delete unused files and clicked the wrong thing.

As a result, I've restarted the clone sides from scratch, and it works much better. I spent all night testing yesterday and there are really no bugs so far

Sides are much more lightweight (filesize is 60MB instead of 200  :P). The random clone legion script I developed works very well. It is almost perfectly balanced with the CIS, and the player models are much less memory-heavy (Almost all-stock)
Units
--Clone Trooper: DC-15A Blaster Rifle x500, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator x4 (chargeable), Knife Attack
A basic infantry unit. The rifle can take out most enemies in 2-3 shots. The grenades have a small kill radius but a large damage radius. The knife works best as an ambush weapon (sneak up on a unwary droid and stab)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

--Heavy Trooper: DC-15s Blaster Carbine, PLX-1 Missile Launcher x7, Haywire Detonator x4
A very effective demolitions unit. THe Rocket has a double zoom scope so you can pretty much snipe slow moving vehicles/unwary units across the battlefield. THe Carbine is basically a lower-powered version of the DC-15a. The Haywire Grenades will fry the circuits in vehicles and droids, disabling the vehicles (and forcing people out of them) and killing the droids
[spoiler][/spoiler]

-Clone Pilot: DC-15x Arc Caster x30, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Health/Ammo
The Arc caster is very powerful, and fully automatic. Best used at a short range, the electric bolts will travel from one droid to the other.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Clone Sniper: EM-5 Repeating Sniper Rifle x500, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator x3, Recon Droid x1
Clone Scout (the camo'd scout): EM-5 Repeating Sniper Rifle x500, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator x2, Tripwire Mines x2
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
The Sniper rifle is a fully automatic, fast firing, one-hit kill rifle. Its drawbacks include the kickstrength which makes accurate aiming and rapid-firing difficult, and the bullets are not as fast as the droid sniper rifle's. In large barrages, the bullets do moderate damage to vehicles. The Tripwire is a deadly weapon. When placed on even ground, its nearly invisible but its explosion force is enough to wipe out everything in a wide radius,

Jet Trooper: WESTAR M-5 Blaster Rifle x300, M-5 Under-barrel Grenade Clip x5, EMP Grenade x3, Time Bomb x1
The Westar M5 Rifle is a very powerful rifle that fires deadly shots in bursts. The grenade clip can be charged to shoot a far-flung projectile grenade that has devastating results when it detonates. The EMP grenade, disables vehicles and blows up droids. The Time Bomb can be placed anywhere. On a vehicle, on a building, on a tree. on the ground. It will allow you 10 seconds to run away as fast as possible ingame before going out with a bang.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Units In progress (no screens yet)
[spoiler]Clone Marine (probably use a stormtrooper model with a clone skin), replaces clone commanders as a playable character: EMP Launcher x7, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Concussion Grenade x2,
Clone Shadowtrooper: DC-19 Stealth Carbine x20, Stealth (idk how I make a stealth weapon thats more like BF2), Tripwire Mines x4, Orbital Strike x1
Clone Commando: DC-17M Blaster x300, Sniper x20, Anti-Armor x5, Sonic Detonator x4, Knife (If I can manage five weapons with minimal crashing)

Anakin: Lightsaber, Force Push, Force Pull, Lightsaber block, High Jump

Obi-Wan: Lightsaber, Force Push, Force Pull, Lightsaber throw, Jump-hover

Ki-Adi-Mundi: Lightsaber, Force Push, Lightsaber throw, Electric Judgement (Jedi Lightning), super-high jump

Generic (Playable) Jedi: Lightsaber, Force Push, Force Pull, Force Shield (maybe), super-high jumpet

Clone Commanders: All with a DC-15A rifle, DC-15s Pistol, EMP grenades, and Orbital Strikes.
Commanders featured will be Gree, Bacara, Cody, Appo. They will be playable only a few maps[/spoiler]
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I have a question;
Are you going to add new animations? Or you are going to use the 1.5 era mod's animations?
Or you are going to keep the old animations (the ones that SWBF 1 has)?

By the way this mod looks awesome and I can't wait to try it!
Don't fail me again admiral.

This.........Looks.............AWESOME!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Btw which map is the regular clone trooper on in the pic? Is that an updated kashyyyk beachhead by ggtuck?

1. I'm keeping the animations from the first mod.

2. It's Dragonum's [ML] Kashyyyk/Kachircho from BF2. It will replace docks in the modded CW era. I also need to put the 41st (camo troopers) on the map
Current Projects:

Here's a Grenade Fail video  :P in the meantime I'm not sure why the video quality came out so badly, though.

Current Projects:

lol! that was pretty funny! That map looks really cool!!! What was that new animation though with the arm?

No thats a stock one. but Its never visible on stock sides since grenades aren't chargeable.
Current Projects:

June 27, 2012, 07:11:16 PM #23 Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:08:47 PM by kitfisto15678
Oh! I can't wait for this! Btw if you need any testers I'm willing to help! :tu:
EDIT: How come their are 2 different types of heavy troopers on Tatooine? Is it like that for every map?

No thats just the result of the random clone legion script, on random, it'll display the clones/stormtroopers as the 91st Recon Corps (red circles), 212th Attack Battalion (orange stripes), 327th Star Corps(gold-ish stripes) 9th Legion (212th in lime green), or red Shocktroopers

There are also some Clone legions assigned to specific maps

Kashyyyk, Yavin IV (my custom one), Dathomir (GCW): 41st Elite (jungle)
Mustafar, Nar Shadda, Venator (GCW): Shocktroopers
Rhen Var, Mygeeto, Hoth: Galactic Marines/Imperial Snowtroopers
Utapau, Dantooine (GCW): 212th
Felucia (CW): 327th

Random on all other maps

Current Projects:

Wow! That's cool! Good selection of clone/empire legions. For the galactic marines did you use ggtucks model so that they have skirts/kamas?
I'd like to see screenies of the 212th legion skins cause I really like that legion... :whistle:

June 28, 2012, 08:40:40 PM #26 Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:08:00 PM by jdee-barc
I don't want to use those models. If it were BF2, it'd make more sense to use skirts/kamas since cloth works there. I may give some clone commander heroes capes, though, like darthvader capes, since those are just animated addon models that work well. However, I'll be using ggctuk's Imperial Clone Commanders.
Current Projects:

I'm back from the Chamber Music festival!

Bad News: I seriously hate to let people down  :td: but I just CANNOT get this campaign to work anymore. a week of frustration trying to make things work during the weeklong break I had, and the few days since I've been back home have yielded absolutely no results. Some maps won't even work. Sounds are missing, custom sound lvls won't munge, heroes won't show up, units don't work, etc. All sorts of crippling problems. So for now, I'm scrapping the custom campaigns, but keeping a backup in case I return to work on them.

In lieu of that I'm going to my backup option for changing up the campaign, which is to keep the stock campaign storyline, but with all new maps, and a few edited shipped maps, using the mod sides as opposed to stock. I already have Yavin IV and Geonosis maps in development
Current Projects:

Sounds good! As always I can't wait for this mod! Especially since I wasn't able to try out the old one... :'(

Oh that sound not good  :'(
But you have done a good job with it  :cheers:
@jdee-barc Please take a look on your inbox
Yoda ;)
My Released Mods

Crazy Black & White Cloud City: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8iz6tqht4udfk4