WIP: BFBuilder Common Problems and Solutions

Started by Led, September 18, 2012, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you use this mod tool package, it will have all the updates already applied, plus a few other goodies:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1219

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Phobos on June 16, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
Try using BFBuilder Pro and also place the BFBuilder folder directly in C:\ then try again and see if it works.

The reason why I didn't put BFBuilder in WIN7 (C:) is because there is a space between "7" and "(". I read the readme for the Mod Tools, and it said:

QuoteVERY IMPORTANT:  You cannot extract this to a folder that contains spaces.
For example C:Program FilesBFBUILDER will not work. <======================
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Quote from: KommissarReb on June 22, 2015, 03:35:24 PM
The reason why I didn't put BFBuilder in WIN7 (C:) is because there is a space between "7" and "(". I read the readme for the Mod Tools, and it said:

WIN7 is your hard drive name, and its label is (C:).

It has nothing to do with a space in the folder name.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Okay, so do I put SWBF-ModTools-141111 in WIN7 (C:), or do I go in SWBF-ModTools-141111/LucasArts and pull out the BFBuilder folder and put it in WIN7 (C:)? What do I do about all the other folders? (before you ask, I've already used the BoPC Registry fix and put SPTest in GameData)
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

2 problems...

1. ZE crashes when I try to run it.

2. When I put the munged sides into the battlefront LVL_PC, all the things that I have edited appear completely blank.
WIP: Undead troopers side mod.

Interested in modding? Check out the HALLOWEEN COMPETITION 2017! - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12410.msg116816;topicseen#new