New Endor map

Started by Mr. Banthafodder, September 08, 2012, 12:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A lot of people (me included) are having the same problem: terrible lag in the stock Endor:bunker map which makes the map almost unplayable ( that's at least my case)
So I was thinking that we maybe could make the same map but maybe with a bit changes to decline lag.

I don't know what's causing it but maybe we could make a map
that is a bit smaller, with maybe fewer trees and other enviromental objects.
We could maybe also change the Wookiee smuggler unit with the ewok, because
we never have really played the game from the "midget bear" perspective and
to make it more canon since there never were wookiees (except chewie) at the battle of Endor.

It was only a matter of seconds before I posted in this topic.  :P
Ok here is my idea for the "new" Endor Bunker map
In the movie the bunker is waaay bigger, so I say expand the bunker and make it more like a mini Death Star type area. So about as big as the Yavin IV Arena are but with only 1 level. Then outside the "back door" there would be a battlefield there as well, Like the stock Endor but with way less plants and not as big an area. Sound cool?  :)

Also for a secondary part of that map, you can use the assets from: Tantive for BF2, and make an inside of the bunker, just recolor some texture, and make a longer generator part, with better lightning effects, I wish I could work on this myself.. But I can never make maps correctly, I always have problems no matter how hard I try, and in the end i just give up... But this would be a neat map!

Quote from: RepublicCommando on September 08, 2012, 12:59:37 PM
I wish I could work on this myself.. But I can never make maps correctly, I always have problems no matter how hard I try, and in the end i just give up...
Pretty much sums up my mapping attempts.

Maybe we should split the work  :g:

Three things have to be done:

- The area around the bunker (which is like usual Endor but with less trees, bushes,... and smaller)
- The bunker area (which is like what RepublicCommando and Kit fisto described)
- Changing the wookiee smuggler in rebel side with the Ewok (and maybe we could also change the dark trooper with the Imperial officer)

RepublicCommando, Could you maybe do the area around the bunker?

I don't really know much about mapmaking, but I think that if you've seen Bamdur's video tutorials
I think this can't be too difficult.

If only we could create maps Banthafodder!!!
I think he summed up the map. Although I don't agree with changing the wookiee to an ewok, and/or changing the dark trooper to an imp officer. It screws up balance. We could change the wookiee skin to a chewbacca skin if that is better... Then the dark trooper skin to Boba Fett?  ??? Idk. :P
Oh and in the bunker there is a destructible cp where the imps spawn at also. ;)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 09, 2012, 06:56:53 AM
I think he summed up the map. Although I don't agree with changing the wookiee to an ewok, and/or changing the dark trooper to an imp officer. It screws up balance. We could change the wookiee skin to a chewbacca skin if that is better... Then the dark trooper skin to Boba Fett?  ??? Idk. :P

Yeah, maybe you're right about the balance, so forget about changing the sides.
(however maybe in cw we can make a hunt mode with a giant army of Ewoks vs. some imperials)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 09, 2012, 06:56:53 AM
If only we could create maps Banthafodder!!!

I know, if I only had a PC  :'( (my parents will only give me one when I'm 18 (which is still 2 years from now))

isnt there a program that lets you reduce lag?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Mr. Banthafodder on September 09, 2012, 07:40:56 AM
Yeah, maybe you're right about the balance, so forget about changing the sides.
(however maybe in cw we can make a hunt mode with a giant army of Ewoks vs. some imperials)

I know, if I only had a PC  :'( (my parents will only give me one when I'm 18 (which is still 2 years from now))

I like the hunt idea!! Like 20 ewoks vs 5 scout troopers at one time on the battlefield.
I will get my own Mac when I graduate from high school also. Then I will run a windows emulating software to mod!!  :cheer:
Quote from: Commando Sev on September 09, 2012, 10:23:48 AM
isnt there a program that lets you reduce lag?
There is one oc replacement that sk made but it only reduces it, not take it away.

oh i see but that would still help.

ok i cant make you stop making the map i guess. for now :whip:

nah im not a good modder. yet