any modding possibilities for mac?!?

Started by Mr. Banthafodder, August 22, 2011, 08:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I know zeroeditor doesn't run on mac,
but isn't there any possibility for a mac user to modify at least something?
Is there a way to create your own skins on a mac?

And this question might sound stupid but: Is it possible/ hard /impossible to make zeroeditor mac compatible?

well i dont know too much about macs, but i heard thers a program that can run windows .exe applications on a mac(im not sure of it) the only way of getting zeroeditor on mac would be to learn the programmign language it was made in (c++) and write that for a mac which i doubt anyone woudl want to / or would do. you can still make modifications like hexediting(if tehrs a mac hexeditor)

you can hexedit anything on a mac, provided theres a hexeditor program for the mac.

odf, lua, and req files can be opened on a mac in textedit (the default word processor), there are modeling programs for mac, like Autodesk Maya,or Blender (save to vrml or xsi)

for worlds. lyr files (world layer files) and wld files (the world's base layer) can be opened in textedit and edited.

tga files can be edited in Photoshop for mac and GIMP for mac, and

option files (.option) for msh and tga files can be edited in textedit to. but there doesn't seem to be that much to edit with them

1. you can't convert custom models to msh on a mac. the meshtool and mshHex tools made by RepSharpshooter are for WIndows only

2. You can't munge on a mac. you have to either munge on your PC or send it to a PC-user to munge.

Localization can't be edited unless you can open up the .cfg files in textedit
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 22, 2011, 09:54:28 AM
you can hexedit anything on a mac, provided theres a hexeditor program for the mac.

odf, lua, and req files can be opened on a mac in textedit (the default word processor),

tga files can be edited in Photoshop for mac and GIMP for mac, and

option files (.option) for msh and tga files can be edited in textedit to. but there doesn't seem to be that much to edit with them

To edit the items below you would have to know the above and SWBF1 viewer to view the models aka objects you are working with.

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 22, 2011, 09:54:28 AM

for worlds. lyr files (world layer files) and wld files (the world's base layer) can be opened in textedit and edited.