Loading-problem with update of XSI

Started by Triops, November 08, 2017, 11:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,
I can't open my saved scene files (*.exp) on "Autodesk Softimage Modtool 7.5" any more. It looks like the problem is the last update. After deinstalling and reinstaling it was possible to open them, but after the update its the same. Has anybody the same problems?

I was having the same problem so i do not update it.

Are we talking about the commercial version of XSI, or is it Mod Tool 7.5 you're having problems with?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

It's the mod tool 7.5 i have problems with.

November 08, 2017, 01:41:45 PM #4 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:58:02 AM by Gistech
I had this issue after an update last year. Try running it in Admin Mode. That's what solved it for me.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

What happens when you do try to load the scene? Mine used to crash with something about a dll (x object something or another?). I had to run "runonce.bat", which is hidden in the /bin/ dir somewhere of XSI, before every start.. It was rediculous. I have recently reinstalled XSI and ZETools from http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1371
And now I'm running smoother than ever.. It may be useful to note that I've also recently factory reset my laptop.

Thanks for your postings. I think I will reinstall xsi and dont update. Perhaps the next update will eliminate this error.

Quote from: Triops on November 09, 2017, 11:21:24 AM
Thanks for your postings. I think I will reinstall xsi and dont update. Perhaps the next update will eliminate this error.

I think the issue is that Mod Tool appears to automatically update and I've never found a way to switch it off. Running Mod Tool in admin mode fixed it for me, though, so that's worth a try.
In Progress:

On Hold:

November 11, 2017, 09:14:59 AM #8 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:43:00 AM by Triops
Quote from: Gistech on November 10, 2017, 02:44:36 PM
I think the issue is that Mod Tool appears to automatically update and I've never found a way to switch it off. Running Mod Tool in admin mode fixed it for me, though, so that's worth a try.
Thank you very much. Running in admin mode helps -althouth I made an update of xsi mod tool.  :tu: