Animator Needed

Started by DP-42114, December 26, 2016, 03:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I despiritly need an animator to do a set of animations similar to this for sw bf2 and also to reanimate the run animations for soldiers to have a realistic way of running
                                                                                                         |
                                                                                                        \|/

You may want to post these threads in the relevant forum instead of the "Released Assets" forum.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

aah yes thanks i was not concentrating

I just finished my new walk animation but its not perfect.This is very very time consuming and hard process.I highly doubt  there will be a volunteers.Lets be honest :D

December 26, 2016, 05:40:36 AM #4 Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:01:43 AM by DP-42114
well thats the thing this isnt for any old mod this mod i hope to become a standalone game

oh btw check ur pms ginev

Animating something as sophisticated as fully rendered 3D walking and running cycles takes a long time and is very difficult.
Even in the context of a Animation degree, it is something used in final showreels to show off ones' skill. So I doubt you will find any volunteers.

Unit 33 is right.This game is modded for 11 years as far i know and there is only 1-2 mods that have new animations.Why so few?Because its very hard.I just finished my walk animation and its not very good and i am trying for months...You have better chance making cool map instead of making a simple animation...If you are new to modding trust me dont lose your time with this yet.Focus on making cool maps then that.For me animating was always the final step into modding this game.

see the thing is i modded battlefield 2 and i was a "master modder" infact i was an animator and made tons of 3p and 1st person anims that were " A grade" quality but unfortuntly i dunno how to set up a mesh and the other assets in xsi to animate

Is your XSI working and can you export models with it?

my xsi is working but i cannot use the pandemic tools it always gives me a red error at the bottom when i try exporting as a msh and everything else doesnt work so basically i cant use xsi

Quote from: DP-42114 on December 26, 2016, 10:38:21 AM
my xsi is working but i cannot use the pandemic tools it always gives me a red error at the bottom when i try exporting as a msh and everything else doesnt work so basically i cant use xsi

Have you tried wings3d?
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

yeah i use wings 3d but i cant animate or edit soldiers with it

To export a prop msh you must create a Null.Click on some of the 4 windows and press 8 to open explorer window.There you can see your hierarchy.Then click on the Null and press H to hide it.Then put inside your model.And then click again on the Null with your middle mouse button.Everything will become white.Then try to export with the ZETOOLS.Dont forget to put .msh on the end when you exporting your model.The directory path that i am using to export my models:

D:\ZAP\mymodel.msh

I just created ZAP folder inside D disk since XSI dont like exporting only into D.It need to be inside atleast one folder.

December 26, 2016, 02:18:33 PM #13 Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 02:42:13 PM by DP-42114
here is my issue i created a null "imp_weap_inf_e11" with e11 as a child and shadowvolume as a child of e11 then
middle mouse clicked on the null and went to pandemic tools -> export mesh

and got this error