[HELP] Dispenser Delay

Started by aeria., April 18, 2010, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Another question from me.

How can I make it so that you have to hold down on the fire button for quite a bit to dispense? I'm probably overlooking this since I've searched gametoast and MPCGamers but regardless, I'm just wondering.

--AG

#TYBG

Fred's .odf guide says that any weapon supports charging parameters.

Quote from: Maveritchell on April 18, 2010, 06:36:41 PM

>.> I should've checked there.
Once again, thanks so much for your help! :cheers:

--AG

#TYBG

It also may be possible to just put the charging lines in too
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Maveritchell on April 18, 2010, 06:36:41 PM
Very cool Maveritchell. I growed up in mpc. I will search in gametoast for it.

First off, is this solved? and second ^ Mike please preview your posts and make sure that they make sence. Bad grammer is usually fine but that just doesn't make sense.

Not solved, I'm still having trouble with this. I've tried making a dummy ordance but it keeps on crashing. I'll work on it when I have time.

#TYBG

have you tried setting it with initial salvo delay?

Yes make the salvo 1 and do the salvo delays like 3.0 or 4.0 and it ill look like you are having to hold it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Nikoli on April 21, 2010, 10:24:16 AM
have you tried setting it with initial salvo delay?
Quote from: Snake on April 21, 2010, 10:36:48 AM
Yes make the salvo 1 and do the salvo delays like 3.0 or 4.0 and it ill look like you are having to hold it.
That won't do what he said he wanted it to do in the original post.
Quote from: ag on April 20, 2010, 08:58:41 PM
Not solved, I'm still having trouble with this. I've tried making a dummy ordance but it keeps on crashing. I'll work on it when I have time.
No one can help you without a little more information. Posting the .odf would be helpful.

Yeah about that I've been busy so I haven't been working on it. I'll post my ODF sometime this weekend.

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on April 18, 2010, 05:30:56 PM
Another question from me.
How can I make it so that you have to hold down on the fire button for quite a bit to dispense?
--AG
To my knowledge this isnt possible. I will try to look into odfs and see if there's something im not seeing.
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

While i was talking to you about this last night on xfire, i drifted off due other things so ill answer here and now.

This is actually a quite simple question in practice, with some meddling you should be able to have it working in nothing more then 10 mins.

What i did atleast, was a simple way to make this work: I took the standard Charge reference from the Bowcaster weapon in the ALL side. used for the Wookie Bowcaster.

But being that the bowcaster odf can be harder to read and learn from lets take the standard Dispenser ODF:
[spoiler][WeaponClass]
ClassLabel = "dispenser"

[Properties]
IconTexture = "HUD_powerup_icon"

//MuzzleFlash = "small_muzzle_flash"
//Discharge = "small_smoke_effect"

//GeometryName = "com_weap_inf_medkit"

RoundsPerClip = "1"
ReloadTime = "1.0"
LockOnRange = "80.0"
LockTime = "0.4"

AnimationBank = "grenade"

RefillFromItem = 0

TrackingSound        = ""

WEAPONSECTION = 1

ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_health"
ReticuleTexture = "reticule_00"
OrdnanceName = "com_item_powerup_dual"

ShotDelay = "0.0"
MaxItems = "4.0"

AutoAimSize = "1.0"

SalvoCount = "1"
SalvoDelay = "0.0"
InitialSalvoDelay = "0.0"

MinStrength = "0.3"
MaxStrength = "0.4"
MaxPressedTime = "0.0"
[/spoiler]

As you can see it shows nothing about charge rates and a second set of values. so this is where we must steal from other weapons, any weapon with a charge value you can take from, this line below is something from bowcaster ODF but it should explain what you need.

[spoiler]

ChargeRateLight         = "1.0"
MaxChargeStrengthLight  = "1.0"
ChargeDelayLight        = "0.15"
ChargeRateHeavy         = "1.0"
MaxChargeStrengthHeavy  = "0.5"
ChargeDelayHeavy        = "2.0"

The above tells how long it takes to charge, ect tinker around with it until you get what you want.

NextCharge = 0.15

OrdnanceName = "all_weap_inf_bowcaster_ord_high"

NextCharge = 0.35

ShotsPerSalvo = 0
ShotPatternCount = 0
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 0.0"
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 -0.7"
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 0.7"

NextCharge = 0.65

ShotsPerSalvo = 5
ShotPatternCount = 5
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 -1.4"
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 1.4"

NextCharge = 0.95

ShotsPerSalvo = 7
ShotPatternCount = 7
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 -1.4"
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 1.4"
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 -2.1"
ShotPatternPitchYaw = "0.0 2.1"

The above here tell us how to tell the game what the weapon should do once it reaches those points of charge, for the Bowcaster it clearly has many settings and levels of damage, for something such as a dispenser, you would only need two, so you can set the value of (NextCharge) to 0.95 and only have two options.

What i did for my own weapon with a charge was to make two charge levels, the uncharged weapon, and the charged weapon, this allowed me to remove the salvo count, the width of the laser and the damage it did, thus making the game take it as if you truly were shooting the weapon, but nothing would happen because there was no damage, or effect to portray, the only way to make it fire was to charge it up. It worked fine.
[/spoiler]

I hope this explains what your looking for, i'm not exactly in my right mind ATM due to other events so if it isn't as clear as i'd hoped feel free to comment back and ill try to answer when i'm better fit.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time