{HELP} Im new

Started by Festus, April 17, 2010, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A quick hi from me. Much easier with a pc to check the changes you make and see if they are good and work. Alot of changes might not be what you expect while in game vs what you see in swbf1 viewer. You have a harder road ahead of you without a pc. I will be able to get on any voice to talk about the ideas you have k. Call me cull or mike or even keenmike.

Thanks for everyones help I'm finally starting to understand modding and actually started a project, but I was wondering is it possible to to take swbf2 odf files and put them in SWBF1?

Porting from SWBF2 is possible to some extent, because SWBF2 runs on an updated version of the Zero Engine, there are some things from SWBF2 you either cannot use in SWBF1 or requires a complete workaround that may give you a similar effect.

Another time I might go into detail on what works and what doesn't.

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on April 19, 2010, 09:01:58 PM
requires a complete workaround that may give you a similar effect.
And thats why I like your, cool words. I will be here when you talk more in detail about it. When ag talks swbf1, I listen.

all right all I really want to do is change the look of the Republic units to the SWBF2 models, is this possible or will it require a complete work around? (and if possible does anyone know where I can download those .odf files)

You want to do this? Its easy. Start a topic with pictures of your ideas and the process will begin.

^   ??? sometimes Mike I wonder about you.  :XD:

Anyway, if all you want to do is change the models to the SWBF2 models then you shouldn't have too much of a problem.  You need to first have the models. lets say that the model is called "clonetrooperbf2.msh" (not a real model name just an example)  you need to go into your clone trooper's odf file and replace all the references to models to the new models name.

April 19, 2010, 10:53:06 PM #22 Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:54:43 PM by ag
All the ODF files are in the assets folder. Go to BFBuilder/Assets/Sides/REP/ODF/ for all the sides of the republic. REP stands for republic.

In there are all the ODF files used for the Rebel team.

If you don't want to change the models and only modify the skins of the model (easier, better approach for new modders), they are available in .TGA formats. Look in BFBuilder/Assets/Sides/REP/MSH/ for them.

From there edit the skins to your liking, and then upload them to me (put all your edited files to a ZIP file) so that I can munge it for you.

A good free image manipulator would be GIMP. A professional one and the one I use is Photoshop. Photoshop's an excellent program but unfortunately, it's fairly expensive.

#TYBG

From this.
Quote from: Festuskid on April 17, 2010, 09:30:59 PM
I'm new to the mapping and modding community and need someone to help explain the basics and just how to get started.
To this.
Quote from: Festuskid on April 19, 2010, 09:35:32 PM
all right all I really want to do is change the look of the Republic units to the SWBF2 models
Which Models? Pictures help. Have you got the program to view mesh files of the models from SWBF2 or SWBF1? SWBFViewer To take pictures Print Screen button, paste onto a macpaint program and then crop small?
Quote from: Festuskid on April 19, 2010, 09:35:32 PM
download those .odf files)
.odf files of which troops?

Mike I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.

#TYBG

ag would you mind munging some files for me in like 5 days to see if I'm doing stuff right?

I will be making a tutorial on this soon. If you only want them to look like the swbf2 units just take the msh and tga files you want and change the geometry name of say a pilot from rep_inf_pilot.msh to rep_inf_ep3pilot or whatever the msh name is.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Whenever you want me to review files, feel free to upload them and send it to me.

#TYBG

Its cool you have the help you were looking for.

Ag I'm gonna upload the file into the download file so u can munge it k? its only a skin file and a clone odf