[WIP]..Forever (Maps/mods showcase)

Started by Snake, July 03, 2013, 11:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow. That is truly amazing, you could easily get a job with the skill you have in 3d modelling. Very, very impressive.

When I was more ambitious, I wanted to create the polar express locomotive train, but I'm not really good at making a nice steam punk look :confused:

Again, very nice, it's amazing how realistic it looks.

After seeing that, I can probably die happy.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Here's my WIP... Forever... http://youtu.be/Sx12ah4iqu0

A few notes. Only the vehicles were modified, and the AAT was never finished properly. (It's missing an updated death explosion, updated damage effects and updated chunk effects.) The effects you see the infantry using are ones from my Common.lvl FX mod. And it isn't the game getting stuck at the end, I paused to capture the stunning explosion. (Then failed to do so for the end one.)

The goal of the project was to bring massive battles with lots of explosions to life as best as possible. The effects are all less intensive than there stock counterparts in most cases, enabling me to pack more into the game while not sacrificing performance. I had many awesome things planned for it, including a complete rework of the games sides. But I was only tinkering on this while I was away from home and had nothing better to do. I don't really expect I'll continue work on it.

You told me about this a while back I think, it was going to be amazing...

I love the effects for the AT-TE blowing up. The blue smoke looks very cool.

I like the darker rhen var (or maybe it just looks darker from youtube) but the darkness plus the lighting from all those explosions definitely make it look more like a realistic star wars battle. Nice work!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Lol I made a boat!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Hahaha, nice! That could be animated similarly to the tauntaun.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I have figured out how to get high-res terrain into swbf1. I use tga2ter to make the terrain and then hex edit the ter file to swbf1 format. I will upload tga2ter and some screenshots soon. Its really cool and it allows for huge maps!

Wow, interesting!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Beware SALLY, the great -RC- can now munge..

Sweet, can't wait to see some releases
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder