Spawns on buildings

Started by Ascertes, August 03, 2015, 01:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I have a general question about Spawn Paths. I currently can't seem to get them to be on top of a building, so that the AI would spawn, say, on top of a balcony. It seems as though the spawn nodes have no Z axis to speak of, so I can't raise them off the ground. Currently if I put a node inside a building, they spawn inside of it rather than on the roof or something.

Anybody know how to get the Z axis to work?
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Maybe the AI want to have a roof party? Who are you to judge them? They die needlessly on the battlefield for your pleasure, cut them some slack...   :tu:

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

It is possible, as Sleepkiller has done for our April Fools mod where we had spawns in the fountain and other places.  However, he did that part  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Spawn points are may respect only the terrain surface. They feel it, and you can't stand between them, and what they belong...  Still, you may trick them. Just copy your .ter file, and back up your original one. Open your ZE, and create some hills, where the top of the buildings is, and place spawn points on top of the hills, where they are should be. Save it, close ZE, and your fake .ter file, and back original one. That's it - your spawn points will stay on top.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

You can also use "Lock Height" option, which will continue to use the same height while you move a node around.
You could snap an unused part of terrain to the height of your placed building, move the path on top, lock height and move it back as desired.

Thank you all for the replies! Will test these methods out and hopefully they work.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

if i recall you can easily adjust the height of individal spawn nodes with the middle mouse button. or maybe the shift key, not sure but its in one of freds documents. you can move them all at once or individually.

Quote from: Phobos on August 04, 2015, 12:24:51 AM
if i recall you can easily adjust the height of individal spawn nodes with the middle mouse button. or maybe the shift key, not sure but its in one of freds documents. you can move them all at once or individually.

Middle mouse button method doesn't work for me, and neither does using the middle mouse button while holding C. Oh well, both RepubliqueCmdr's and Sereja's methods work.

Would like to thank everyone for helping me out with this. Now if I could just get my Gian Speeders to spawn...