Advertising your masterserver on gameranger to get more players on swbfspy!

Started by strohhut, August 02, 2016, 09:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was playing a bit on gameranger the past hours - swbfspy is empty in the night -  on a server where swbfgamers and swbfspy is advertised and I guess you guys are hosting this server?

The idea to spread the word about this is really good I think, but most players do not really seem to understand what swbfgamers or swbfspy is..

So maybe we can get a squad together + a server to play on gameranger here and there and do some "active advertising"? And maybe we can reach some players there? :D
They play with so much lag there and they could play much better via your masterserver...

Maybe ply1 will read this, you told me once in a server that you think it would be a good idea of spreading the word there, to try moving the community :)

Just a suggestion from myself.

greetings strohhut
remember swbf2.

I can't see an idea like this going as well as it sounds, but I'm all for advertising SWBFSpy

Okay, thanks for a fast answer!

I think as well that it will not be that easy...
But from my point of view, all players on gameranger somehow tried to find a solution for still playing swbf2 online, so they searched the internet and found that it is possible by using the gameranger client. Or a friend suggested it, whatever..

And well, gameranger is easier to set up. So maybe that is another point, downloading an exe and replacing it is maybe hard to understand for some players.
Here a tutorial video could work better than explaining it by text.

What could we use to advertise?
1. Many people will get the game from steam these days, so opening a topic there that everyone could see might work.
2. Active advertising could get some active players who know the game and just never heard that swbfspy exists - some players I asked knew gamemaster and played there tho..
3. A video as I mentioned some lines before. I found some on youtube, so some people try to spread word too, but they were not viewed much..
4. A server on gameranger for advertising which you already have. :b
5. Direct contact to active players who will maybe tell their mates.
6. A website/forum what you already have. :b
7. A chat client where the whole community is like xfire is missing tho...

And last but not least, the biggest problem we might face will be:
Maybe nobody will be / is interested...

And here I could quote you then Jean:
I can't see an idea like this going as well as it sounds, but I'm all for advertising SWBFSpy

best regards,
strohhut
remember swbf2.

Ohhh thank you!
Well I guessed that you guys were trying more to promote it :D
I will read through the postings there
remember swbf2.

Believe it or not, Majesty already has tried. If it wasn't for him, I might not be on these forums today!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: strohhut on August 02, 2016, 09:55:53 PM
I was playing a bit on gameranger the past hours - swbfspy is empty in the night -  on a server where swbfgamers and swbfspy is advertised and I guess you guys are hosting this server?
I am the one hosting them.

Quote from: strohhut on August 02, 2016, 09:55:53 PM
The idea to spread the word about this is really good I think, but most players do not really seem to understand what swbfgamers or swbfspy is..

So maybe we can get a squad together + a server to play on gameranger here and there and do some "active advertising"? And maybe we can reach some players there? :D
They play with so much lag there and they could play much better via your masterserver...
We already thought about it but never organised a "promoting-SWBFSpy" day...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

The best thing would be for GameRanger to die completely. It's a laggy buggy mess. SWBFspy or the previous GameShare should be the only multiplayer option in my point of view.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

I was going to try that too, well I think it was Majesty PFE Leader Sam and Ganstar that was suggesting it, but I think it's a fine idea,  I just haven't had any freetime to look at GR yet. 

Don't think I have ever seen anyone on swbf1 gameranger before, but maybe I just looked at the wrong times.

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on August 03, 2016, 05:50:28 PM
Don't think I have ever seen anyone on swbf1 gameranger before, but maybe I just looked at the wrong times.

It's rare for anyone to host servers for swbf1, but quite a lot of people do for swbf2

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on August 03, 2016, 05:14:11 PM
I was going to try that too, well I think it was Majesty PFE Leader Sam and Ganstar that was suggesting it, but I think it's a fine idea,  I just haven't had any freetime to look at GR yet.

I never suggested it, but I do support the idea. Majesty told me about Gamemaster back last year and that's when he redirected me to this site. I helped out with advertising for a week or two and then went away from it. I have stopped by to let people know every so often though.

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on August 03, 2016, 05:50:28 PM
Quote from: Jean on August 03, 2016, 06:15:44 PM

It's rare for anyone to host servers for swbf1, but quite a lot of people do for swbf2

There was lots in the summer last year but this year there hasn't been that many. Love your signature by the way Jean :rofl:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 04, 2016, 09:36:47 AM
There was lots in the summer last year but this year there hasn't been that many. Love your signature by the way Jean :rofl:

Thanks! Anthony made it so I asked him if I could use it lol (don't mean to get off topic)