SWBF1 Clan Confederation In EA's SWBF

Started by Snake, March 10, 2011, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
To join the clanless clan? Sounds good! Right now we are waiting to hear word on other clans joining, then I will make one final draft of the standards and tenets and then we will get the website going. I still can't see a category for Syndicate stuff on the forums, though.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Update on (C4): We will be joining as soon as we have, ya know, an actual member xD
Crazy people do not know they are crazy. I know that I am crazy, therefore I'm not crazy!! Isn't that crazy?!?

You can add BW to the joining list !
( by the way, we do not have a specific tag, but BW without special characters is fine )

Quote from: (C4)Ldr.PhantomBunny on April 30, 2015, 01:33:50 PM
Update on (C4): We will be joining as soon as we have, ya know, an actual member xD

Yeah, C4 will be in the clanless clan until the membership grows above 4.

Quote from: Syyy on April 30, 2015, 01:46:36 PM
You can add BW to the joining list !
( by the way, we do not have a specific tag, but BW without special characters is fine )

Alright, BW has been added!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 26, 2015, 05:40:52 PMAlso, since all clans in the Syndicate can share members in battles, the Syndicate clan's (we should probably name it for less confusion) members can fight for other clans in battles if they want to.

Does this mean when a clan in the Syndicate plays a match against a clan not in the Syndicate, that the clan in the Syndicate can use members from all clans in the Syndicate? Or was this just talking about fun tournaments for clans only in the Syndicate. I have always disliked multiclanning very much.

Also, councils will have two sides and one side will monopolize the majority of votes in their favor, it always happens. When big and differing personalities sit at the same table, arguments will happen and there are for sure many big and differing personalities in the old swbf clans.

Imo the first couple years of the new swbf should be squad/player skill because that's when the game will be at its most competitive. I do not think the Syndicate is going for a skill type thing. I see it more as PLA. (having a good time with friends, and less about challenging other squads.)

I am not trying to trash the whole idea, I just wanted to get my concerns out, maybe someone can change them.

Quote from: Jamman on April 30, 2015, 02:39:28 PM

Does this mean when a clan in the Syndicate plays a match against a clan not in the Syndicate, that the clan in the Syndicate can use members from all clans in the Syndicate? Or was this just talking about fun tournaments for clans only in the Syndicate. I have always disliked multiclanning very much.

Also, councils will have two sides and one side will monopolize the majority of votes in their favor, it always happens. When big and differing personalities sit at the same table, arguments will happen and there are for sure many big and differing personalities in the old swbf clans.

Imo the first couple years of the new swbf should be squad/player skill because that's when the game will be at its most competitive. I do not think the Syndicate is going for a skill type thing. I see it more as PLA. (having a good time with friends, and less about challenging other squads.)

I am not trying to trash the whole idea, I just wanted to get my concerns out, maybe someone can change them.

It's sort of like for the GGW, if one clan doesn't have enough members for a battle, members of other clans inside the Syndicate can play in their stead, if they want to of course. As for the skill based concerns, I definitely agree. There will be lots of people on these games and it will be very competitive. But, we will be iron on iron sharpening eachother in competitive tournaments. Syndicate clans can have wars with non-Syndicate clans, and we could join other clan tournaments as well. The Syndicate can be for competition and fun, we will have both sides to the same coin.

You bring up a good point with the council, however, the council is only the central connection to each clan. The only things they vote on are maybe new clans joining, approving game nights and tourneys, and things like that. The group as a whole does not have power over any clan, so there can't be a power grab since there's not really any power to grab. It just ensures that everyone participates.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

GGR is at the moment on a halt on this idea too, we've been revamping ourselves for the new game for a few months now so we might stay independent. I for one being the longest mofo in this clan like to stay with tradition of how MES and old GGR was so my vote is a no for now, unless someone can change my mind on it. It will be discussed with the other Mandalores however  :cheers:
(MES)Csl.Josh (GGR)Ldr.Phoenix (GGR).Mndl.LoneWolfe

Alright, let me know if you have any questions.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Okay, so excuse me for not wanting to read but the first and the last page of this forum, but from what I understand so far is that this is more like a league than clan. This means that the clans make individual decisions, and the council only decides on tournaments and things like that.. right? And I will be making the decision to whether {WgT} should be in Syndicate later.
Worlds Greatest Troopers

Scout

May 16, 2015, 12:59:19 PM #129 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:16:49 PM by Snake
Yes, that is correct. And anyone from the SWBF community that is clanless can be heard by being a part of the clanless clan. A super unstructured clan to give them a collective voice.

---

Also, I think we will just use a special category here for Syndicate discussions once we get started in the new game. So everyone involved should request to be in the member group and I will approve you.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I'd like to request then! :P

I'll be glad to support our Clan/Syndicate on the PS4 side, as that's probably the most likely platform I'll be playing on. Put me in the group, please!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Whelp, here's my request!
Crazy people do not know they are crazy. I know that I am crazy, therefore I'm not crazy!! Isn't that crazy?!?

Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE) is just around the corner!
Has anyone else noticed how a lot of the big name clans are moving in to begin recruiting for the new game?
It's good that we are a growing community because of the new game, but do you know what this means for our smaller clans?

Surely we're all aware that most of the active clans dedicated to SWBF are decently small; and the active numbers within those clans even smaller. This probably means that a lot of new players aren't going to want to join a tiny, actively unstable clan moving into the new Battlefront. Players looking for clans are likely going to join what's popular, promising, and, of course, Big.
Our smaller clans will end up losing out to the new game, and unless our clans have their own plans for expansion, activity improvement, and membership growth...

I would like to encourage more clans and players in this community to join The Syndicate. Through the Syndicate, we can grow together in the new game as a Big, strong, active clan and still be able to work as our original clans outside of the new SWBF.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Thank you, chameleon. I hope every clan sees that message before the release. A strong Syndicate means we are all stronger. A lot of people are busy right now with school and work but we will pick up on the Syndicate stuff closer to the release. Any help spreading the message is definitely welcomed.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Psst, if anyone has a machine capable of running the EABF demo it'd be cool if the Syndicate was mentioned. Just saiyan.