[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have four in mind: Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Hoth and Yavin.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

September 08, 2014, 01:56:26 AM #331 Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:03:55 AM by ggctuk2005
Unit screens from during testing:

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

It's looking like I won't be able to get this mod out until the end of September. I'm away for two weeks, and I haad hoped I'd have this tested by then, but it doesn't look like I'll make that deadline.
In Progress:

On Hold:

It's from SWBF2. The dreads are an addon exported by Sereja.
In Progress:

On Hold:

the screenshots look really nice, and adding shotgun to all factions should certainly increase the fun factor. nice work

It certainly adds a better incentive to use the Engineers of certain factions.

I've just come back off holiday. I'm hoping to have it ready within the next week. I'll use my two days off to finish testing.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I really like the Rebel Soldier model. #BestClass
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I'm hoping to finish testing today, but if not, I'll be putting the mod into open beta.
In Progress:

On Hold:

October 04, 2014, 07:06:41 AM #341 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:14:25 AM by ggctuk2005
I've found weapon effects dropouts in my testing that are making me practically bash my head in frustration. I don't know if there is a limit to the number of weapons bolts/effects that can be present at a time, but I strongly suspect that any with a fadeout time will contribute to an 'overload' that prevents weapons firing correctly. I found that the shotgun I'm using might be the cause - lowring the number of bolts from 7 to 5 helped delay the 'overload' but did not stop it. So I've given the bolts a similar effect to the stock SWBF Shotgun, with shorter laser length and no fadeout.

There's also a minor bug I found with the Shell.lvl builder in that if you use it, logos won't appear before the main menu screen.
In Progress:

On Hold:

October 04, 2014, 03:33:14 PM #342 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:38:06 PM by -RepublicCommando-
I remember making the laser bolts last for the ingame equivalent of an hour and ending up at a limit before the game would start tripping out, the game would stop rendering the bolts.

I also had a weapon that shot too many salvos and ended up with either a serious lag, no render, or a crash.
Some times the projectiles won't even work (even if the laser is not rendered, you can still fire because it's a raycast, which made this even weirder of an instance).

I think when the game starts a weapon firing, it starts the particle creation first, and then does the bullet raycast math, but if it fails at particles, sometimes the raycast doesn't get done. I think it would be smarter to have raycast and then particles, that way you can still fire, but not have to worry about the visual effects if they overload.

After 6 years faithful service my laptop has started to go. The wireless connection is fried which means I can't upload my mod. I'll be getting a new laptop but that won't be for roughly 6 months.
In Progress:

On Hold: