How to show double-sided textures on a .msh?

Started by CrazyGentleman, January 12, 2017, 06:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Goodday,

As title already explains, how do I go about making a texture show double-sided on a .msh?
Is it a command for the .tga.option/.msh.option or something else?

Thanks in advance,

CrazyGentleman
"The truth is of highest importance, and only with the truth can one move forward."

January 12, 2017, 06:37:59 AM #1 Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:34:01 AM by Ginev
If you are using ZETOOLS inside the XSI 7.5 just go to ZETOOLS/materials.Then select the material you want to add doubleside transparency click ZEify then Edit.Find the Transperancy option and but the value to 2.Close material manager and export your model.

If you are not using XSI ZE TOOLs then you have to Hex Edit it.If you dont have Hex Editor get one.Open the msh model and search for the material you want to add doubleside transparency.After the ATRB you just have to edit one number on the 6th or 7th place number there but i dont remember which one actually was.I must check it later because im busy right now and when i check i will edit this post here.

EDIT:
Strange i cannot find the proper value.Can someone give us a help here? :D

Evening,

I can't seem to get the ZE Tools to work, so I tried hex-editing with XVI32. I think this tutorial is correct?
Is this also the same method you would use for kama's textures to show on either side?

Kind regards,

CrazyGentleman
"The truth is of highest importance, and only with the truth can one move forward."

In the long run, you will probably want to get the ZE tools to work.  I made an installation video on youtube SWBFgamers.com channel.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Led that will be very usefull.Alot of people having problems installing it.I myself spend a whole week of reinstall untill i get it to work.Now i am understanding why Sereja once told me that XSI have a evil spirit inside of it  :P

Thank you, gentlemen. I have been fiddling with the installation for 4 days straight now, but I will keep trying.  :tu: