Star Wars 7's Influence on SWBF3

Started by Ultimo, December 09, 2014, 06:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, we've seen the new Star Wars Ep. 7 trailer now, but what can we expect when SW7 collides with the upcoming SWBF from Dice?

The following post breaks it down pretty well, and was a fun read in my own opinion.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/02/star-wars-battlefront-how-does-it-tie-to-star-wars-7-2476689?lt_source=external,manual

So, I've gotta ask. What do you guys think about this? SW7 and SWBF3...

All I can say is that I think we are geared for something pretty awesome for SWBF3. I loved the SW:7 trailer, and can't wait to see what they have in store for the movie, and further more, what from that will be in the game. My patience grows more and more thin. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Given EA's history to screw up great titles in the past, and the sneak peek at Star Wars 7, I'm nonetheless skeptical on how this will look when released.

I mean, the stuff in SW7 did look cool n' all, but I mean, then again it is new territory. There is bound to be some screw ups and the like, in the story anyway. As far as the gameplay goes, I'm thinking it may implement some items from SW7, but I just hope it's not too heavily focused on it (some leeway to play the original saga's battles would be fun).

Nonetheless, I am still skeptical on SWBF3, so I won't hold my hopes too high for this one.

EA and DICE said they weren't going to include EP7 stuff, so we need not worry.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Really, 411?
Wow, I guess I hadn't seen that news..

Now I can say that I feel the stupidity slipping in.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

E7 dlc?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on December 10, 2014, 09:51:56 PM
E7 dlc?

It would be cool if they would do that
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on December 10, 2014, 09:51:56 PM
E7 dlc?
knowing Ea, it wouldn't be beneath them. also dont feel dumb ultimo, its something they said earlier this year. The articles arnt really current news.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

December 11, 2014, 06:46:03 AM #7 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:32:56 AM by Ultimo
Yeah... I mean, I like to be kept current, but these devs always have their own agenda...

I can't expect EA/DICe not to add some form of DLC. It's their thing. We'll probably be blasted with Battlefront Premium, which I for one will most definetely buy if it comes around. From Episodes 1-6, there are a good number of planets that can be made to maps, everything from Naboo to Coruscant, Mustafar to Bespin... you name it. They will likely be the maps of the main game, and I'm willing to bet that we will be seeing other planets from SW:7 in the DLC, and, potentially, with time, we are going to see some EU maps. We know EA would probably do it for the money.

Oh, right. Here's the article I put in another thread. http://moviepilot.com/posts/2492257-star-wars-battlefront-are-these-characters-worlds-ships-returning?lt_source=external,manual,manual
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I just hope it doesn't turn into a pay-to-win situation.

Off-topic: It's apparent that whoever wrote those articles likes KotOR quite a bit.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on December 11, 2014, 10:33:07 AM
Off-topic: It's apparent that whoever wrote those articles likes KotOR quite a bit.
You can say that again...
Quote from: Commander Awesome on December 11, 2014, 10:33:07 AM
I just hope it doesn't turn into a pay-to-win situation.
Well, I mean, Pay-To-Win is very subjective when it comes to EA games. With Battlefield, they are pretty good about the things you can unlock for free and how you unlock them.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on December 11, 2014, 11:17:31 AM
Well, I mean, Pay-To-Win is very subjective when it comes to EA games. With Battlefield, they are pretty good about the things you can unlock for free and how you unlock them.
True, Pay-2-Win is subjective with EAs stuff. Though it is highly noticeable with their mobile games (e.g., Star Wars Death Star, Real Racing 3, Star Wars Commander, etc.)