[WIP] Naboo: City of Theed

Started by Sereja, December 11, 2016, 09:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This unfinished project, for now named "Naboo: City of Theed". is deserve to be finished, but I do not know yet how far it may grow... It may be finished only as hangar complex (which I already have) or may include some city streets and even parts of the Royal Palace, so the name of the finished map could be changed. Well I do not know this yet, but at least this pics may show you current condition of this beautiful map... :)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

December 11, 2016, 10:06:51 AM #1 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:23:22 AM by Ginev
Now i know what i want for christmas :D

December 11, 2016, 11:16:18 AM #2 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:18:24 AM by Isaac1138
I'm triggered now.  Thank you Sereja!

Can you add exterior pics? Pleas make the exterior beautiful as well.  Is it possible to get textures from Lego Star Wars, or any inspiration from it?
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

December 11, 2016, 12:37:10 PM #3 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 12:39:35 PM by Sereja
Quote from: Ginev on December 11, 2016, 10:06:51 AM
Now i know what i want to christmas :D
Amm... Perhaps the next Christmas... ::)
Quote from: Isaac1138 on December 11, 2016, 11:16:18 AM
Can you add exterior pics? Pleas make the exterior beautiful as well. 
I didn't care much about exterior yet - that's all what I have for now:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Theed Palace exterior won't match to the interior anyway, and I do not have any idea for this. I just hope salvation comes during the map creation...
The REAL Theed Palace, filmed in Star Wars, is in Italy, and calls "Royal Palace of Caserta". Exterior of it looks like this:

Now I have to invent impossible: how to put those straight corridors in to the cylindrical buildings... :wacko:
Quote from: Isaac1138 on December 11, 2016, 11:16:18 AMIs it possible to get textures from Lego Star Wars, or any inspiration from it?
I do not know anything about that. For now all of the textures are mine.

This is beautiful! Exactly what I've always wanted from a Theed Hanger map, the SWBFII left some things to be desired. I can't wait for this map to be released!

I am loving the look of what you've done so far! The hangar and power generators look like they come straight from the movie, and dare I say it, they're both much better than the SWBF2 map! I can't wait to see this map finished! Great job!  :tu:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

This map looks amazing. Nice work Sereja :cheers:

you will make me cry with your amazing skill on mapping!!!, maybe do you plain work on Cato, Utapau or Christophsis map??

Thanks! :)
Unfortunately I didn't play SWBF2  Theed Hangar mod yet, so not sure how far from my version it is. Still I may say I realy did a lot of film screenshot researches to figure out how it's realy should looks.  8)

Star Wars universe is huge and ofcourse I would like to made each planet and more, but it's just impossible. :P

If you have to decide between city streets or parts of the palace when adding to it, I would definitely prefer to see more of the palace.

Can't wait to see it either way!

December 14, 2016, 12:53:54 AM #10 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 01:13:03 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Sereja on December 13, 2016, 03:19:54 PM
Thanks! :)
Unfortunately I didn't play SWBF2  Theed Hangar mod yet, so not sure how far from my version it is. Still I may say I realy did a lot of film screenshot researches to figure out how it's realy should looks.  8)

Star Wars universe is huge and ofcourse I would like to made each planet and more, but it's just impossible. :P

Put it this way, it looks similar, but as long as you don't leave glitches to either hide in walls or get out of the map then you'll have a much better version.

Great work so far by the way! The exterior shouldn't matter anyway unless you're hoping to add fighters.
Quote from: Gistech on December 14, 2016, 12:58:54 AM
Especially seeing as it looks like he's going to have flyable starfighters from the hangar.
Well this just got better. In that case, good luck with the exterior! This would be interesting to see.

PS: Have you made maps for other games?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

December 14, 2016, 12:58:54 AM #11 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 01:16:21 AM by Gistech
Of course it is going to look somewhat similar because it's based off the same location. I personally think Sereja's looks that much better though. Especially seeing as it looks like he's going to have flyable starfighters from the hangar. I could probably whip together some sound effects for the N1's if you want, Sereja. I don't think SWBF has those in the sound banks.

As for the outside, you haven't done a whole lot of work on it so I can't really comment yet, but if you're planning on doing some of Theed's areas, I think it'll look good (the SWBF2 map has a small courtyard but it's not very accurate - almost like an afterthought) . I'd personally take a little bit of inspiration from the Theed levels from previous games like The Phantom Menace or Jedi Power Battles games as well.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

December 18, 2016, 07:34:03 PM #12 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:45:39 AM by Isaac1138
Can you also add the beautiful Episode 1 Soundtrack for background music? 

tracks: "Fighting the Guards", "War Plans", "Theed Palace Arrival" "Panaka and The Queen's Protectors"

and also don't forget these scenes

If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on December 18, 2016, 07:34:03 PM
Can you also add the beautiful Episode 1 Soundtrack for background music? 

tracks: "Fighting the Guards", "War Plans", "Theed Palace Arrival" "Panaka and The Queen's Protectors"

and also don't forget these scenes

Yes, I didn't forget those scenes, and made them. Perhaps I will try to found some music as well.

Since I may have a few free days, this weekand, I may continue this project, so let's see what we have for now.
Some staff like refuellers and crates was added to the hangar, plus I have realistic N-1 1st vew:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Unfortunately in some reason fighters, drived by AI, can't leave the hangar safely after landing. They are just crash in backwall, with no any trials to turn back and fly out. :(
Well, it seems there is nothing I can do to fix this. So, I concentrate at palace complex. By hardly researches, I figure out that the Palace and Secret Passage, is totaly not the same, and the passage, should be outside. That's why stright corridor interiors with windows, are totaly mismatch with cylindrical exteriors of the palace - it's just a different building comlexes!  :slap: After understanding that, the future modding will be not so hard. So overall Generator, Secret Passage and the Palace should look like that:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Palace Entrance:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Palace Main Hall:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
In some reason, transparent floor at this place consume effects, so I quit making any reflective surfaces in the next models.  :P
Another improvised interior:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
And finaly, after hard learning of the italian architecture - here it is: Caserta Palace Staircase:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Queen's Throne Room:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
In my version, the landing pad is near by:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Secret Passage:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Turret Room:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Secret Passage Halls:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

How..how on Earth....you are doing this so good...are you sculpting the models or its just modeling and already made textures?Or you are making the textures on your own?Im just curios.  :blink: