[SOLVED] How do you create hidden command posts?

Started by KommissarReb, June 03, 2019, 07:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 03, 2019, 07:39:07 AM Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:23:58 PM by KommissarReb
What I'm going for is to create a spawner for the local team like the hidden command post in Jabba's Palace that spawn's Gamorrean Guards in random places. I've created a command post and moved it along with it's capture region outside the play area, but the minimap still has the command post in it. How do I make it hidden from view and make it so the AI doesn't bother attempting to capture it?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

There's an .odf file for invisible_cp or something like that in Common\odf\  for your project.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Yep. You can find it on this location from your BFBuilder folder: Data<ModID>\Common\ODFs\com_bldg_invisible_controlzone.odf

I must point out that when using it, it works like any CP, but only the light beam and the hologram disappears as when I tried it. However, I think there should be a way to make the MSH of the projector on the floor invisible if the game uses hidden CPs for spawning local units.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Quote from: Red04 (CC-4398) on June 03, 2019, 09:42:38 AM
However, I think there should be a way to make the MSH of the projector on the floor invisible if the game uses hidden CPs for spawning local units.

An easy workaround is to simply place the CP far enough below the ground so that it can't be seen without the use of the Free Camera or glitches.

Quote from: DylanRocket on June 03, 2019, 02:22:07 PM
An easy workaround is to simply place the CP far enough below the ground so that it can't be seen without the use of the Free Camera or glitches.

Oh, it's right. I forgot you can do that.  :slap:
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Thanks for the help guys! The CP is now hidden from the map.  :tu:
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.