Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

Started by Giftheck, April 13, 2019, 12:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So... what do we think?

I'm much more intrigued by this than either of the last two films. Especially after the way this teaser ends.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I thought the last jedi was a good film but a terrible star wars film and haven't been excited about this new one. Then I saw the teaser and title and now I really want to watch it. :)

Although it's unlikely I really hope luke isn't actually dead, in universe his character is an important one and in real life he's the only original actor I can see continuing, apart from c3p0.

Hopefully J J Abrams  can bring the trilogy to a satisfying end,which I think he's capable of. Just the return of the laugh at the end I'm not sure about...
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

April 13, 2019, 02:27:56 AM #2 Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 03:04:51 AM by Giftheck
Palpatine's in the film, yes, he's the 'great evil' that Abrams mentioned. Abrams is quoted as being surprised that McDiarmid being on set was not leaked.

I like all the new films but I acknowledge they're not without their problems. Abrams promises The Rise of Skywalker will tie all nine films together and I hope he lives up to that promise.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Palpatine's behind it all.

A few of the new canon books were hinting at Palps having some reach beyond his 'death' besides the contingencies that ensured the orderly destruction of the Empire.

There's all sorts of references to secret research facilities out in the unexplored regions that were initiated by Palps personally.

Yeah, I saw he was in it. It could work but will need to be well done not just a twist for the sake of it. One of the things I didn't like about the last film was how Snoke didn't really do anything except get killed but this could explain that if they have a bigger/better villain.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

My personal theory is that Palpatine wasn't aboard the Death Star. If he planned for everything, he planned for Vader's betrayal, and if Luke knew about Force Projection (the projections can be interacted with as if they are there) then no doubt Palpatine did as well.

It also means Snoke was just a red herring, a tool, a placeholder for Palpatine.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I like the notion that Snoke was simply some creature of Palpatine's that escaped and managed to make the most of the power void.

In a similar fashion to how Plagueis kept a bunch of force sensitive folk for life extension experiments.

Either Palpatine wasn't really there, or survived in a Voldemort-like way, his spirit either being resurrected or barely clinging on to existence in some twisted form.

'Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.'

Context: I really hate TFA (this is partly coming from feeling salty about JJ's Star Trek reboots, though I can't help but cringe and roll my eyes at so many lines) but I absolutely LOVE the follow-up, TLJ.

So, because JJ is heading this one, I have very low expectations.

I'll admit I am intrigued by this movie, it's title and how the story is going to be tied up in the end. I'm also hesitant though as I have been rather disappointed by the previous two movies in Disney's trilogy.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

No doubt that the standalone films have been stronger. I'm hopeful for this film, since it not only has to close out its own trilogy, it has to close ouita trilogy of trilogies as well, and I really want it to do that in a satisfying manner.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Giftheck on April 19, 2019, 01:52:35 AM
I really want it to do that in a satisfying manner.
One can only hope, but considering that Disney is thinking about taking a break from Star Wars movies they really can't afford to mess this up.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014