SWBF leaderboards - Sign up thread

Started by {PLA}gdh92, August 12, 2012, 06:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I concur with Phobos, if map skins aren't allowed then I will not be participating in this tournament. I'm sorry but I just can't stand the CC stock map. :rtfm:
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.

August 14, 2012, 12:12:03 PM #31 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:21:45 PM by Phobos
I hope this rule changes. If not then remove my name.

If you do decide to allow twilight map skins, then the roster for our 4v4 will include Fate, Nino, Elite, and myself.

TcF Will be entering for teams! It's amazing how worked up you guys get over a map skin...

Quote from: Niño on August 14, 2012, 12:04:39 PM
I concur with Phobos, if map skins aren't allowed then I will not be participating in this tournament. I'm sorry but I just can't stand the CC stock map. :rtfm:
I'm sorry to hear it but thank you for being honest. I had hoped to include all the regular players but finding a balance is impossible when some people wont play when there is mods. The best I can offer is that if both players agree modded skins are fine you can use them but ultimately this is a Battlefront tournament and we can only change the game so much before it becomes unfair. I'm sorry we couldn't work this out but hopefully this way some people can be happy.

Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on August 14, 2012, 12:14:37 PM
TcF Will be entering for teams!
Good to have you here :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

How do you intend to enforce this no mods rule?

This is why I had the matches take place inside an addon map. I mean who visits this site who hasn't installed one? And it is the only truly reliable method of stopping people from cheating. Taking screenshots can be gotten around, I won't be saying how but it can be beat quite easily.

It would be up to the players involved to say before the match how much they wanted checked. On request there would be admins available and players would have to take screenshots. It's not a route I want to go down as I believe most people will stick to the rules which is why I'm leaving it as a choice. For later in the tournament I'm looking at using a mod map for the top 10 as requested by some people.

Quote from: Phobos on August 14, 2012, 12:12:03 PM
If you do decide to allow twilight map skins, then the roster for our 4v4 will include Fate, Nino, Elite, and myself.

The rule is staying but if the team you play against agrees to use skins I don't mind. I'll leave the team up for now, if you want me to take it down just edit your post to say so and I will theres no need to send me more abuse. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 14, 2012, 02:18:40 PM
This is why I had the matches take place inside an addon map. I mean who visits this site who hasn't installed one? And it is the only truly reliable method of stopping people from cheating. Taking screenshots can be gotten around, I won't be saying how but it can be beat quite easily.
I'm aware of that but I want to encourage new users. I'm sorry if people feel they're being ignored I'm just trying to balance everyones opinions. :(

I think that I would like to join, if I can find the time and the ICW is over. Would it be alright if I use Regent's common.lvl?
I just can't seem to stay away...

I would like to join the individual portion of this tournament and will also be participating on the TCF team

anyone who honestly thinks map skin mods which don't involve transparency are cheats shouldn't play online.

nades were not made for jumping as we use them today. maybe people that think the game should be played the way it came should speak up or not play at all and bow down to those who insist on change.

Quote from: Jamman on August 14, 2012, 04:16:45 PM
nades were not made for jumping as we use them today. maybe people that think the game should be played the way it came should speak up or not play at all and bow down to those who insist on change.
im just saying why not let ppl who want to use mods use them and ppl who dont want to use mods let them not use them. maybe we could have another thread for discussing that

My two cents (and you get what you pay for): allow skin modifications, at the very least. Screenshots can be trivially gotten around by using a skin changer, unless you want the players to not even have skin changer installed. (This would be truly unfair, as participants would then have have to uninstall and reinstall CCSC for any match.)

Off the top of my head I can think of no strategic advantage offered by, say, the CC twilight skin. Can anyone else?

August 14, 2012, 04:52:47 PM #44 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:57:17 PM by SleepKiller
Quote from: Oven on August 14, 2012, 04:33:19 PM
Off the top of my head I can think of no strategic advantage offered by, say, the CC twilight skin. Can anyone else?
Mines are easier to see, people stick out more.

EDIT: Also everyone (Including myself.) should just move along and let the Tournament Admins decide what happens. This is a discussion that shouldn't be gotten into.