Previous topic - Next topic

Who wants a Match Judge?

Yes
7 (50%)
No
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Quote from: [YAK]ComFrost on August 08, 2012, 08:27:21 PM
I would suggest a "no tank" rule on Mos Eisley. Otherwise it would be really bad...
Tanks can easily be disabled server side. And with a tournament you can easily make people download an addon map that enforces Anti-Cheat measures and rules as I did with the one I organized.

I'd like to see something like empire vs empire, or maybe something like the ICW but with all vehicles removed.

Phobos that sounds great and would you like to make the map for this tourney? A Bespin Twilight map.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Commando Sev on August 09, 2012, 05:21:19 AM
Phobos that sounds great and would you like to make the map for this tourney? A Bespin Twilight map.
It depends I'm currently working on other mods what would this custom map entail?

A map that makes Wall hacking impossible, one with Empire skins that dont totally stand out, and makes it impossible to enter the carbon freezing chamber. if thats ok with you

Quote from: Commando Sev on August 09, 2012, 07:41:34 AM
A map that makes Wall hacking impossible, one with Empire skins that dont totally stand out, and makes it impossible to enter the carbon freezing chamber. if thats ok with you
If someone else wants to make that map I'll send them the twilight textures and sky. I already have 2 other cloud city duel mod maps to build first so I don't have enough time to make that kind of mod you want.

ah thats alright Phobos ill try to get Sleepkiller or another modder to do it. thanx anyway though :)

I wasn't planning on special troops. I just forgot it in the rules :(. I agree about no tanks. To get the most players involved I want to avoid mods and addons (at least at the start). But like I said I would rather include as many peoples ideas as possible.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

You could use the CC-Hallway Only mod. Only the server host has to have it installed for it to work.

I don't know what the genearal thoughts are but to make this tournament different from others and to encourage players who don't normally play in this sort of thing I wanted standard 1.2 gameplay with no mods. I do think we need to remove special units and tanks though to keep things balanced.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

August 09, 2012, 11:06:55 AM #40 Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:08:36 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 09, 2012, 10:58:50 AM
I don't know what the genearal thoughts are but to make this tournament different from others and to encourage players who don't normally play in this sort of thing I wanted standard 1.2 gameplay with no mods. I do think we need to remove special units and tanks though to keep things balanced.
1.0, 1-on-1, with no CPs would be really unfair. Whoever has the Jet faction will win, since they can get to the CPs faster. Perhaps 1.1 with teams of two would work? It's not too many people, but just enough for you to strategize and use teamwork.

1-on-1 duels are a matter of who is the better player. 2-on-2 would let that stretch a little to see who can utilize their teammate to their advantage best.
IE: One CPs while the other protects CPs, or splitting up the map into two parts for each person to cover.

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 09, 2012, 11:06:55 AM
1.0, 1-on-1, with no CPs would be really unfair. Whoever has the Jet faction will win, since they can get to the CPs faster. Perhaps 1.1 with teams of two would work? It's not too many people, but just enough for you to strategize and use teamwork.

1-on-1 duels are a matter of who is the better player. 2-on-2 would let that stretch a little to see who can utilize their teammate to their advantage best.
IE: One CPs while the other protects CPs, or splitting up the map into two parts for each person to cover.

There will be no jets (or other special units). The one on one is designed to find the best player, even though theres cps there would be a low enough re-enforcement count that they woud only be useful for spawning. I need to look at ticket bleed on these maps though:) For teamwork there will be a 4 on 4 tournament with the same rules.

actually i found some useful assets which could be used to make this kind of mod map:
hall only when a player spawns at hall, and then chamber entrances blocked off

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 09, 2012, 11:14:39 AM
There will be no jets (or other special units). The one on one is designed to find the best player, even though theres cps there would be a low enough re-enforcement count that they woud only be useful for spawning. I need to look at ticket bleed on these maps though:) For teamwork there will be a 4 on 4 tournament with the same rules.

bleed can be disabled, so too can capturing cps
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on August 09, 2012, 01:08:59 PM
bleed can be disabled, so too can capturing cps
Can you disable bleed by using a command?