OverrideTexture Compatible Units

Started by tirpider, October 25, 2012, 11:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 03, 2013, 06:58:30 PM
How I read it.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Like everyone else, I had no clue what he said, but your interpretation of it was funny.  :rofl:

The part with the rock and roll guy at the end made me laugh. :XD:

hehe

I never thought I would be the guy talking about stuff no one understands.  At least I don't wear a tinfoil hat ..
well, not all the time.

Quote from: tirpider on March 03, 2013, 07:47:52 PM
hehe

I never thought I would be the guy talking about stuff no one understands.  At least I don't wear a tinfoil hat ..
well, not all the time.
Haha! Tirpider you seem like the guy who would wear tin hats by computers etc. :hehe:   ;)

Guy that has a tin foil hat while "failing to surf."  XP
(below his picture incase you didn't see already)

I can't surf
(And neither can you...)

hehe
It's a Reverend Horton Heat song.

It looks like some of the OTC units will be having more issues (Look for missing or floating heads, hands, and such), so thanks again for your patience.  If one is an immediate need, let me know and I'll try to rush it through. I'll be working on a fix and do the _v3 patching in batch like I did with v2.

Eventually, it will all be solid.

I have just started to use these and boy can I say they are helpful! Thanks a lot Tirpider! I hope that one day you can complete your archive... :)

Groovy.
If you spot any 'unusual' activity from them, let me know and I will get on a repair.

Double post for the bump (since it's been so long.)

Added the SWBF1 Super Battle Droid to the CIS section.
Download: OTC Super Battle Droid

I tried to get the chunks to override, but the game just doesn't do it.
The unit and low1 override perfectly though.
Enjoy :)

Yay! This is still a project of yours. All of the IMPS and ALL stuff you did really came in handy when I made my skin mods.

Added GAR - Naboo Royal Palace Guard

He was half OTC and there are 2 versions of him in the SWBF1 assets. Both are visually simular but only the GAR one had a shadow. I merged the best of both and made it fully OTC.

This guy has a crazy hat.

Tirpider, when/if you do SWBFII rep sides will they include the skirts?

QuoteCloth geometries in BF2 units will be replaced, and suitible replacements found or fabricated.

It is my intent to convert the SWBF2 units over to SWBF1 with as many features as possible. Some of the units are waiting for a suitable replacement for thier cloth pieces (Liea's dress) and other's should be fine with edited in parts from SWBF1 donors (kamas in general.)

There are wierdo pieces that may not make it, ever. Like Boba Fett's cape thing.  It will probably have to be fabricated. Once it exists, I can hack it in. 

Basically I want straight, as-is, conversions and only compromise on the pieces that are way outside the realm of possibility.

I'm still looking for a way to generate vertex normals from polygon and vertex lists. (though I'm not looking too hard) This will enable direct conversion of cloth as it is. I haven't tried guessing yet because the code makes me cry.

Well I'm glad you'll do them. I can't wait to make a REP mod with them.

Will the kama's look like they do in SWBFI? Or how te ggtuck's converted units look?

Depends on the unit.

Some of the BF2 units have acceptable kamas in the lowres geometry and kamas have few enough points that I can weight by hand. Some I'll have to use hacked off snowtrooper kamas or the arc trooper kama (the one with the split back.)

I weigh the pro's and cons of every alteration and try to side on basic functionality first.  Aesthetics second.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to the clones so I'm not sure what all they will need till I have a proper inventory of them. I've started, but haven't finished the rep side.

In the end, I want to at least have them functionally converted with some kind of cloth and may post it with a note saying I'll improve the kama when a better solution appears, or I may sit on it.

Depends on the unit.

I remember those.  There are 2 ways to get kamas going in BF1.  I like the Imp Snowtrooper method of having a front and back. Some BF2 units (and I believe ggtuck's, I may be wrong though,) use a single piece with hard edge transparency enabled.

I try to avoid special materials unless absolutely needed. My PC and video are not the best so glitchy things happen when I use too many special material options, particularly on animated units.  So I try to minimize those glitches then worry about how pretty something is.  If my lightweight comp can handle it, then I assume most other folks with a relatively modern machine can handle it.

Those special materials are the biggest issue with using BF2 assets (other than cloth) because other than the glitches I get (that others might not,) not all the renderers are supported in BF1. Or at least not implemented the same as far as I can tell. So those have to be handled.  (I think you already ran into that with the purple on the officer's legs.)

Compromises.
Depends on the unit.