thesyndicate.swbfgamers.com

Started by Led, April 21, 2015, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I can offer my help in editing raw html pages, or providing visuals through photoshop, if needed.
A homepage with news, teams / memberlist page, rules and forum page are the basics in my opinion, we can think of more content ( videos, images, rankings if we organize events ) but for now, these few are the most important. A portal just like SWBFGamers.com might be too much, but we must think of how we will integrate the forum into the website.
I do not know how much we can modify and personify wordpress themes, but I really like what they are offering.

Based on the amount of clans that arent even responding that they're uninterested, like I asked on the syndicate discussion thread, I don't think we will be needing a website. It looks like the whole idea is just too much for the average person to handle.

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 25, 2015, 09:05:39 AM
Based on the amount of clans that arent even responding that they're uninterested, like I asked on the syndicate discussion thread, I don't think we will be needing a website. It looks like the whole idea is just too much for the average person to handle.

It may take a while for it to take hold on clans, but I think it's still worth going through with.
photobucket limit image removed

Yes, give them time. Not all clans are visiting the forums often enough to be informed about this project.

So I've been messaging people directly about this and have fleshed out some ideas I think we may want to have as core components.

Community Doorsteps

Led touched lightly on this matter but I'm expanding on it a little more. Firstly when proposing this concept to other communities I've been keeping it as simple as possible and that's how the doorstep comes into play. The doorstep is a page that can be personalized to the said group's liking. For example if BFC or GT attained membership they might have their banner at the top with their site's color schemes on the page. Also with each doorstep there would be a minimal, mandatory sub category where other groups might address them directly. These are my suggested requirements to communities considering joining...

1: The community/clan wishing to attain membership in the Syndicate must agree to the posting of their site (as a link redirect)
2: If said community is not using the redirect method then they can be appointed a larger subforum within their doorstep (inviting for startup clans).
3: One representative is required from their community to act as their doorstep admin. This admin could customize the look as well as moderate within their own doorstep. They are also responsible for speaking on behalf of their community and they're also who we go to if we need to contact them directly.

Community Voting

Later on we may want to have votes drawn for different decisions for the Syndicate as a whole. Just to simplify things for major votes, I think their representative should control their vote. Possibly we may be able to build a leadership subcategory that can be viewed by everybody but only posted in by community admins.

My suggestion is to keep things really simple and that's why I'm big on the doorstep concept. That way starting a membership is stupidly simple. A good way to convince naysayers that think we're pushing them to do a lot, when it's really quite easy.
photobucket limit image removed

Yeah, I'm starting to see that's the way it has to be presented. But communities won't be joining the Syndicate. It's only a community for clans, not for other communities. We take it to other communities so that the clans that frequent that community can hear about it.

Also, this topic is starting to bend toward discussing the actual Syndicate, which should stay on the topic in the General board.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

After using the Esportsify site builder that Syyy directed me to, I think this suits all our needs:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Just a little test site by the way, I don't intend for this to become anything bigger.

Quote from: Gold Man on April 26, 2015, 07:07:52 PM
After using the Esportsify site builder that Syyy directed me to, I think this suits all our needs:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Just a little test site by the way, I don't intend for this to become anything bigger.

Well it looks good, GM. :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

April 26, 2016, 07:45:17 AM #23 Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:57:31 AM by Ultimo
Just wanted to bring it to somebody's attention... I think this idea fell through and if anyone is paying to host http://www.thesyndicate.swbfgamers.com/, then you might want to reconsider.

I just realized it is under the same domain, hence this edit. :slap: I don't know how everything is covered, but just thought I would bring it to attention.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper