SWBF1 Museum

Started by SleepKiller, August 07, 2014, 06:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 07, 2014, 06:28:58 PM Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:01:20 AM by SleepKiller
Everything except below this line was written by Snake.

The SWBF1 Museum is here!!!!

WIP Thread

Good grief.. SO many people help it's hard to name them all.
The main modders involved were myself, SK, Unit 33, Sereja, and RC. A lot of thanks to Sereja and RC, who did a ton of modeling. This took, what, two years(?) to make.. It's definitely been a long road for all of us.
The great thing is I can credit the whole community on this. With all the info on the walls of the Museum, everyone is involved. It is not as complete as I would like but putting so much info on the walls was amazingly difficult and time consuming. Thanks to everyone who contributed. It's a great monument to SWBF1.

What to do in the Museum

There is a lot to do besides look at the Museum. There's paintball, laser tag, a deathmatch arena, Noobs to fight, and cars to race. Not to mention the hidden world underneath. (If you can find the holographic doorway) So I hope you all enjoy the thrills and sadness of the map. Remember all that SWBF has meant to us. There's been rivalries and arguments but in the end we all share a common bond, because of how few of us there are. Hopefully that will carry over to SWBF3. (I may see you guys there!)

DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD (MediaFire)

Well.. I guess this is it. I leave for college Saturday morning.. I'll be packing non-stop 'til then. Goodbye guys! God bless. :bye:

Just checked it out, really nice job.

August 07, 2014, 09:26:40 PM #4 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:34:30 PM by 411Remnant
Is there an alternate link? From my experience it had taken at least 2 hours to download a 87.3mb file and when it finally downloaded....lol, the file was corrupted for some reason.

Maybe a mediafire link if possible? (This would be greatly appreciated if someone could do this).
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Ouch, sorry about the download. I'll try to have a media fire link by tomorrow.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: 411Remnant on August 07, 2014, 09:26:40 PM
Maybe a mediafire link if possible? (This would be greatly appreciated if someone could do this).
Done. See the original post.

:o Amazing, just wow. I love it! :cheer: There is so much to love about this map!!! It definitely is geared for a game of multiplayer, and I am just itching to race someone around the map... :tu:
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I'm testing the multiplayer with the museum and so far everything is working and as it should be on the map, you guys can join me if you want.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Oh, I forgot to mention that Sleepkiller added a fun easter egg. Try making a user called IWANTZOMBIES and play the map.  ;)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

August 08, 2014, 10:37:48 AM #10 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:45:12 AM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
K, I tested the map and the only major thing I saw was that the CP's in the Museum didn't have the emblems. If we want to do a server, everything should be good.

EDIT: In light of this zombie easter egg, I need someone to make a server WITH THEIR NORMAL NAME and i'll come in with the IWANTZOMBIES name and see how that will work.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on August 08, 2014, 10:37:48 AM
EDIT: In light of this zombie easter egg, I need someone to make a server WITH THEIR NORMAL NAME and i'll come in with the IWANTZOMBIES name and see how that will work.
I think it should work in MP but the server and the client must set ForceCheat to IWANTZOMBIES in their config file. So just open up config.cfg and put this at the end of the file. (It must be on it's own line.)

ForceCheat=IWANTZOMBIES;

So your file should, unless you've changed something in it would look like this.

AICountTeam1=16;
AICountTeam2=16;
AICountLocals1=20;
AICountLocals2=4;
AICountLocals3=30;
ReinforcementsTeam1=250;
ReinforcementsTeam2=250;
RespawnDelay=10.0;
RandomClassMethod=full;
ForceCheat=IWANTZOMBIES;

Save that and you would be good to go. But be warned it wasn't designed to work in MP, I'm just saying it shouldn't crash in MP. Your mileage may vary. Also for more information on the config file double click on ReadME.html.

Just got a chance to play this and, as expected, it's brilliantly made. I like the attention to detail over the whole map and the glitch door is a nice feature.
Thanks to Snake and everyone who helped with the map, I hope we'll take a look at it again a few years from now and remember the old players who left and hopefully be playing it with some of the players that are still here. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

For some reason i crash 10 secounds afther the game starts and its only when certian classes are there (like Shazam etc) but i dont know whats causing it and it happens when the AI spawn about a slit secound afther they spawn the game freezes is it just my old PC or is anyone else gotten this?

Hm, it must be a problem with the scripting. I'll ask SK about it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder