ICW6

Started by [FC]BoMbeR, May 12, 2016, 10:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 12, 2016, 10:40:17 PM Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:39:59 PM by Oven
ICW6 Map Pack

Download SWBFSpy to play SWBF1 online: exe or auto-installer

Clan signup thread

No clan or clan not participating? Anyone can participate in ICW6 games by joining YAK here
Note: Site account necessary to view the YAK recruitment thread.

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Greetings, players of SWBF!

As it is that around that time of summer Joseph and I have decided to host the Sixth Intergalactic Clan War! After seeing the success of ICW5 we are very confident that we can mimic that for ICW6. I have planned for ICW6 to start June 20th 2016, this will give clans a lot of time to rally members. All the details about the tournament will be listed below.

Important news/changes are listed in red.

Administration:

Lead Admins:
1. BoMbeR
2. Oven/Joseph

Admins:
1. Kiwi
2. Drunken Master

Admins wanted

ICW6 week 1 date:

Matches will need to be posted on June 20th or 21st. The first set of matches will start on June 24th 2016.

General format:

1. Once clans are finalized, a tournament map will be published. It will look something like this. Each clan will start off with 3 randomly assigned planets. After Week 1, planet ownership is based on battle outcomes from the previous week.

2. There will be 6 weeks. The winner is the clan with the most planets at the end of Week 6. The nature of a tiebreaker will be determined if needed.

Rules:

Match setup:

3. Neither team (Attackers or Defenders) can be outnumbered by more then 2. Just before the match starts, a battle count will take place, and from that point the maximum number of players on each side is determined. Once the battle count has taken place, neither team may exceed that maximum.

4. Matches must start within 10 minutes of the announced start time. If clan A is responsible for a delay greater than 10 minutes, the admins reserve the right to declare that clan A forfeits the battle. The admins will use this power prudently.

5. A player may spectate a battle, but only upon the approval of one (or both) of the participating clans. In that case, the player must spawn on the side of an approving clan, wear a [Spec] tag, and hide in a pre-designated area during the battle (using freecam to watch).

Moreover, the admins reserve the right to prohibit spectators in a particular battle, if this would help alleviate lag due to a large amount of players in the server.

Rules of engagement:

6. Matches begin with a countdown (e.g., "5, 4, ..., 1, go"). Only an admin, or someone designated by an admin, may countdown a battle. Before the countdown begins, players can wander around the map, as long as they obey rule 8  below while doing so. Once the countdown starts, all players must be very close to a green CP. How close is "close enough" shall be determined by the admins in-game, but the rule of thumb is "within the capture radius".

7. Do not suicide to change your class before the countdown; leave and rejoin the server.

8. Killing before the countdown ends, and capturing or partially capturing neutral or red CPs before the countdown ends, is prohibited.

9. Capturing CPs is permitted after the countdown.

10. Killing admins or spectators is prohibited.

11. Which special units are allowed, if any, will depend on the map. When specials are allowed, it will be fairsides jet or fairsides wookie. When the map list is finalized, we will describe the setup for each map.

12. Vehicles are permitted when available. Vehicles can be entered, but not moved, before the countdown ends.

13. Laying mines before the countdown has ended, that is, laying pre-mines, is prohibited.

14. Destroying health or ammo bots before the countdown has ended, is prohibited.

15. Spawn mines are permitted.

16. Teamkill is always off.

17. All servers shall be /noaim.

18. Be polite in yellow chat -- no swearing or insulting.

19. No impersonating other players, including other members of your own clan.

20. All players must wear tags ingame. (including Mercenaries)

21. No playing for or spying on the opposing clan's side. Join your clan's side ASAP upon entering the server.

22. Radar is allowed.

Violation of these rules will result in an official warning by an in-game admin; penalties will ensue at the admin's discretion.

Admins will record the results of a game using one or more of the following methods: freecam, video (e.g. Bandicam), screenshots. An Admin will post the screenshot of the final screen on the forums soon after a battle is finished, if this hasn't been done already by someone else.

At all times Admins have the right to ask everyone except designated players in the server to stop yellow-chatting.

Clan lists and mercenaries:

23. Each faction is required to maintain a public clan list in this thread throughout the tournament. Lists can be added to at any time, but never subtracted from once the tournament begins. The members of the list don't have to "be in" your clan according to your clan's internal member list, but they cannot appear on any other clan list at any time in the tournament.

From the perspective of ICW6 admins, only one's membership on an official clan list is relevant for the clan/merc counting policy described in item 24 below. Other, "extra-ICW" relationships are not relevant.

24. In a given battle, say involving clan A, players not on clan A's clan list may play for them. Such additional players are called mercenaries. The maximal number of mercenaries permitted in a match is 1/2 the number of clan-listed players, with rounding favoring additional mercs. E.g.,

Number of clan-listed players / maximal number of mercs
3/2
4/2
5/3
6/3
7/4
8/4
etc.

25. To be counted as a clan member, players must use a name identical to the one on the clan list. A single player may use different names, as long as those names appear on the (same) clan list. Mercenaries must wear a tag similar to: (Clan)(Merc)Name.

26. Name-faking is absolutely prohibited and, if confirmed, results in forfeit of the battle by the offending team, as well as a permanent ban of the offending player from ICW6. Admins will check IPs in situations of doubt.

Attacks:

27. Each week a thread will be made on Sunday or Monday where clans will make post attacks, negotiate times, post screenshots, etc. Battles should by default be scheduled for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Attacks absolutely must be posted by Wednesday at 11:59:59 PM EST.

28. Clans may only attack planets which are connected by a line (in the tournament map) to a planet they currently control.

29. Format your attacks thusly:

Attacking clan:
Defending clan:
Planet:
Date:
Time (EST):
Attacker era/side:
Server location:

30. In the beginning, each clan may make 2 attacks per week. We may raise the limit to 3 in later weeks, depending partially on admin availability and number of participating clans.

31. If a clan forfeits, their planets become native held, and attackers will face a team of natives. Anyone may show up as a native. However in this case the natives may be outnumbered by attackers arbitrarily. There is a limit of 2 members per clan list on the native side.

32. Clans can make planet announcements before officially listing times, that is, call dibs, as before.

33.  If you are attacking a clan that is primarily EU players you can not schedule a attack after 10 PM Berlin (4PM EST).

Maps:

Under "Specials policy" is designated the unit that will spawn for each side as the special unit. Unless otherwise noted, there are no special units in the CW era.

Map     Specials policy      Additional      Map pics (album)
Bespin: Cloud CityGCW: Jet
      cw gcw
Coruscant: CityGCW: Jet
CW: Jet
GCW: Vehicles removed
CW: Vehicles available
      cw gcw
Coruscant: StreetsGCW: Jet
Vehicles removed      cw gcw
Dagobah: SwampsGCW: Wookie
      cw gcw
Dantooine: DustGCW: Jet
      cw gcw
Death Star: InteriorGCW: Wookie
      cw gcw
Hoth: CavesGCW: Wookie
Orbitals removed      cw gcw
Kashyyyk: WookielandGCW: Wookie
One initial CP per side
(outermost CPs)
      cw gcw
Mustafar: RefineryGCW: Wookie      cw gcw
Nar Shaddaa: The RoofGCW: Wookie
      cw gcw
Ord Mantell: No Greater GloryGCW: Jet
CW: Jet
Vehicles available; tickets reduced to 250v250      cw gcw
Polis Massa: Medical FacilityGCW: Wookie
CW: Vehicles available
(one tank per side; middle CIS tank removed)
      cw gcw
Rhen Var: CitadelGCW: Jet
      cw gcw
Tatooine: Jabba's PalaceGCW: Wookie
      cw gcw
Tranquan: Tech CentreGCW: Wookie      cw gcw
Yavin IV: ArenaGCW: JetVehicles removed      cw gcw

A map pack will be made available for download sometime in the next 1.5 weeks. The "tournament map" indicating which clans start with which planets, planet connections, etc., will be posted in the Week 1 thread. That thread will appear on June 20.

Finalizing Clans:

1. Clans will be Finalized June 13th 2016. (Matches will be posted on June 20th)

What to do now:

1. ICW6 is still a long ways away this gives everyone time to prepare and gather troops! Clans will need to post in this topic before June 13th.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

Awesome, Alpha will take part, most likely in conjuction with another clan. I can also admin if you want.

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on May 13, 2016, 09:28:49 AM
Awesome, Alpha will take part, most likely in conjuction with another clan. I can also admin if you want.

Sounds good.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

PFE will certainly take part in the galaxy !! weeeee
:moo:

Looking forward to it!  I volunteer to admin if needed.

Great news! Here is a link to the steam group for swbfgamers. Will try to post updates/info/announcements there as well. Please subscribe to the comments section and threads for instant notifications.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SWBFgamers

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

I'd like to participate in the ICW6 (definitely by the time it runs), but I see I need to join a clan. is there already a list of participating clans so far, or should I try to join one of the clans that posted here?

May 17, 2016, 05:36:50 PM #7 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:41:36 PM by Joseph
Quote from: Pilot Gus on May 17, 2016, 04:51:16 PM
I'd like to participate in the ICW6 (definitely by the time it runs), but I see I need to join a clan. is there already a list of participating clans so far, or should I try to join one of the clans that posted here?

YAK is a tournament-only clan that anyone can join, so that's my default recommendation. Soon a thread will be made where you can join YAK if you like.

Otherwise, the list of participating clans is precisely the list of clans who make a post in this thread (before the deadline) announcing their participation.

I just want to throw this out there for now, but the BOBclan hopes to participate in some form, though we will likely have to ally with either another clan, or just play with YAK, unless we have an unexpected period of activity.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

One thing to note for ICW6 is that several of us have found it difficult to reliably host mod maps lately using dedicated server software.

I have, however, been fairly successful with my home server running from the game CD in dedicated server mode.  There is only a slight ping penalty as compared to the Chicago SWBFgamers server as my internet service is generally pretty good.

If anyone wants to test out my server, I currently have Bespin Escape running on it.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=153

So, if asked to host, I will host from home.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

At this point it would appear =AaTc= will not be joining as a whole, but some of us (myself included) may be joining {YAK}.

I've tried joining the BOB clan, I think the membership is pending, also I think they might join with another clan like YAK, is there any new information before the tournament starts?

I can help out with the tourny if need be.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: [FC]BoMbeR on May 12, 2016, 10:40:17 PM
{YAK}'s team will be represented by TheGangstarTY. (Recruitment will begin May 20th)

YAK's Recruitment is now active!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Please note that you will likely need to install a new client patch for the gamemaster replacement if it is available.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet