Making "Recon Droid" classes not crash on death. [Solved]

Started by Rayce, March 01, 2015, 01:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 01, 2015, 01:15:11 PM Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:46:45 AM by Commander Awesome
I'm trying to add additional classes to my mod the way Napseeker did in his Jedi vs. Clones mod (by making them "dispensed" like a recon droid.). However, this has proven to be difficult, as the game immediately crashes when the unit dies. Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening?

probably there is an ODF bug somewhere that causes this, did SPtest logs reveal anything?

March 01, 2015, 02:54:53 PM #2 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 03:11:20 PM by Commander Awesome
Just one thing:

Quote from: BFront.logMessage Severity: 3
.\source\WeaponRemote.cpp(104)
Dispensed entity must be controllable and remote pilot type

The "dispensed entities" in question:
rep_inf_jedimale
rep_inf_jedimaleb
rep_inf_jedimaley

The dummy class that dispenses them:
rep_inf_extra_classes

The dispensers:
rep_weap_inf_jedimale_spawner
rep_weap_inf_jedimaleb_spawner
rep_weap_inf_jedimaley_spawner

I have had this issue before, but not automatically when the unit dies.  My unit crashed the game when I hit the button to fire too quickly after the deathpose.  Do those units actually have a death pose?  I would try it with another basic unit (clone trooper or something) and then try it.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Yes, in fact, the game usually crashes mid-death-animation.

I was having the same problem.However i solve it somehow but dont remember exactly how.If you show me here the odf file probably ill remember what i did since i dont have modtools anymore and cant check the file.Send it to me on PM.