SWBF1 Clan Confederation In EA's SWBF

Started by Snake, March 10, 2011, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 10, 2011, 02:57:35 PM Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:07:05 PM by Snake
This is the Syndicate discussion thread. The latest version of the Standards & Tenets will be attached to this post. It describes what the Syndicate is.

List of clans and their level of interest: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3540.msg95723#msg95723

Syndicate clan (for clanless SWBF players): http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3540.msg95818#msg95818
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Its a good idea, it really is. Theres just one problem-most clans dont allow you to be in more than 1 clan. To be in that clan, youve gotta sever all ties to the other one. I dunno if people would wanna do that, especially if theyre already in a really exclusive clan.
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Don't mess with Mandalorians.

Hey skirata,

I think the idea is like a SWBFgamers "fun night".  For something like that, I don't think that anyone needs to be held to exclusivity.

We already have an ongoing tournament.  After that (maybe during) we can set up a regular mod map night.   As long as we host it by Direct Connection, then we can also involve the Mac players that are still around.  They are good peeps :)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I would be up for that idea if it were DC. Thanks for considering the Mac Minority.

Yeah, this would not be a "traditional" clan. It's just like Led said, A SWBFGamers fun night and mod night and tourneys. Just for fun.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Oh, ok. Sorry, my bad. Sounds like fun.
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Don't mess with Mandalorians.

Quote from: skirata44 on March 10, 2011, 07:37:35 PM
Its a good idea, it really is. Theres just one problem-most clans dont allow you to be in more than 1 clan. To be in that clan, youve gotta sever all ties to the other one. I dunno if people would wanna do that, especially if theyre already in a really exclusive clan.
Maybe instead of it being a clan (correct me if it has already been said[sort of skimmed the posts]) we could make this a group, more like a bunch of star wars players who have fun together, instead of being in a clan. :happy:
(insert signature here)

Thats kind of the definition of a clan lol so lets just leave it at clan. A funclan!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

sounds cool , I'd be apart if , to clear this up i wouldnt have to leave my clan. Its a good idea too  :tu:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

June 09, 2011, 02:51:39 PM #10 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:11:26 PM by camando116
look at the new poll to see what people want

P3RK1N$

>Sorry, but I feel the need to bring this topic back to life.
With the disappearances of a lot of clans, due to mainly the Gamespy issue, I think it would be a great opportunity for SWBFG to not just be a fun-night group, but actually more so a clan with its traditions.

I would definetely come back and play SWBF more if SWBFG were happening. I think it would be a great clan, but not just for SWBF1...
Battlefront 2 would also be a great step for an SWBFG clan, and great representation for the site.

As for the existing clans~...
Existing clans should allow their members to be apart of SWBFG, almost as a big clan alliance.
However, many traditional clan ways could be hindered by an alliance affect in SWBFG.

• Ranks would be available to individual members, but permissions given within ranks would be too strict and should be kept higher up on the totem pole(Leaders/Co-Leaders & etc.). This way the ranks are determined more so on Reputation within SWBFGamers. Skill would be obsolete towards ranks so we don't have players possibly leaving behind one clan just to try to really push for permission rank in SWBFG.
  • ((I lost my thought for the second bullet. If you can think of another reason why clan traditions would be affected by SWBFG being a clan's alliance, let us know.))
SWBFG can still happen with their own organized meets/parties/fun-days/etc.
Correct me anywhere if I've mistaken something.

TL;DR(Too Long; Didn't Read) Version of the previous text:

Basically we should have SWBFG for great website representation on Battlefront 1 and 2. Due to some clans currently being still existent, they should allow their members to be a part of SWBFG as an alliance of sorts, but it would hinder on traditional clan ways.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

And we could move into swbf3 with it when battlefront makes its glorious return
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on March 19, 2014, 07:25:28 AM
And we could move into swbf3 with it when battlefront makes its glorious return
Yeah!
It would be a great turn for us
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I think the thing we are missing right now is a fun group event, like a mod map night.

If someone would volunteer to organize a Sunday afternoon mod map event, I would consider giving them server access to put the maps in place.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet