(SOLVED)Switching lowres with highres models ingame need help

Started by Ginev, May 03, 2015, 06:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys i was wondering how to make BF1 to show only high res character models ingame instead of showing lowres when there is too much bots in one place?I remember someone did it before but he didnt explaine how he did it.So if someone know PLEASE tell me or make a tutorial because i will make a few maps...again but the idea for lowres troopers just killing me.

I'm not sure, but I think it would crash a lot of people's games if you did that, so it might not be a good idea.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Although it is not the ideal solution, you can use low res from existing stock units.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

How to do this?Is there a tutorial?Is this require a modeling knowledge?

I think Led may have misunderstood your question. Or maybe I did..  :blink:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

My understanding was that he was unable to make a lowres msh and so then he wanted to try to make the high res visible at all times.   Maybe that was not the right understanding :)

If its possible to replace the lowres models with highres so when i play the game if i see alot of bots in one place all of them to be highres because you know that most of the time the lowres models apear when there is too much bots in one place.How to do this someone know?I hope you guys understand me this time :D

Ginev doesn't want any AI to turn to their lowres models in-game, instead he wants a way to keep them all as hires models. I'm not sure if that is possible, but if it were, it would overload the game and cause many people to crash if they played the map.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Ginev on May 03, 2015, 02:35:09 PM
If its possible to replace the lowres models with highres so when i play the game if i see alot of bots in one place all of them to be highres because you know that most of the time the lowres models apear when there is too much bots in one place.How to do this someone know?I hope you guys understand me this time :D
I think the game exe has a limitation on how many polys can be visible at once. And its lower in MP than SP. But for making all High res models into Low res, use the latest Schmee build
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6680
select your model then click "Biped Hi to Low hack" and it will make edits to the model accordingly. This works better than simply copying the high res model and appending the _low1.msh

Thanks.Ill try it.Just one little offtopic question.If you guys dont like the new battlefront from DICE would you all still play Battlefront 1?Because i have plans of making alot of cool new maps.

Quote from: Ginev on May 04, 2015, 12:41:44 AM
Thanks.Ill try it.Just one little offtopic question.If you guys dont like the new battlefront from DICE would you all still play Battlefront 1?Because i have plans of making alot of cool new maps.

Yes, I expect we can have game nights just for the original SWBF, and I look forward to trying your maps  :cheers:

Hmm strange i am with new computer (windows 7) i download Modding Tools and create a new map.I am testing one new soldier but when i click munge after 1 sec the black window for all the munge process dissapear and there is no created map.Modding tools program have some issue with Windows 7?I am sure i did everything correct i am making maps more than 5 years :D

Download the BFbuilder with updates from this link
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1219

(it includes windows 7 64 bit munge solution)

which includes BFbuilderPro, BestofPC registry fix (you must run the registry file), 1.2 unit updates, 64 bit munge batch file fix, and Tim Skillmans MSH viewer.

For reference, here is the 64 bit munge instructions if you have trouble with this on windows 7 (from Bamdur)

To munge on a 64 bit pc:

1. Open Bfbuilder
2. Select Munge
3. Type @set path=C:/windows/system32
4. Type munge
5. Let it munge
6. Get your map out of Bfbuilder/addon folder

Quote from: Ginev on May 04, 2015, 12:41:44 AM
I can't speak for others but I will keep playing BF1 regardless of how good the new SWBF is. I have many new maps and mods to build also.

Thanks for the help Led.Now its working.Okay...back to modding again :D

EDIT:
Ok sorry for this offtipic question but i have really funny and annoying problem.I try to use the high to rez program but before that i add a new side to my map.And here is the problem.The unit dont show up ingame.I modded this game for 5 years and i really know what i am doing but the darn unit simply dont show up.I am sure i did everyhing correct.Is this again some strange bug with the windows 7 or this is simply my mistake?I check everything 6 times and no no and no...Please someone to give me link for "adding custom sides tutorial" just to check.I am shamed....  :rant:

EDIT2:

Ignore the first edit i found the problem.Ok back to the topic i test the Schmee Build and its working perfectly.
The only problem is that the models still use the lowres skeleton movement but i think i can change that in future.Thanks about the help guys :) (SOLVED)