trouble with maps

Started by (LOS)LDR.FLAME{380}, February 26, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 26, 2013, 12:41:07 PM Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:43:27 PM by (LOS)LDR.FLAME{380}
I downloaded Rhen Var: Bridge and Bespin: Zombiecity, and (they both do this) when I select them and hit launch, it just turns my SWBF off. Can I get some help here???  :rant: If you have Xfire, chat me just in case I'm not on here.

Is it safe to assume you extracted it with winrar or winzip?

Quote from: (LOS)LDR.FLAME{380} on February 26, 2013, 12:41:07 PM
I downloaded Rhen Var: Bridge and Bespin: Zombiecity, and (they both do this) when I select them and hit launch, it just turns my SWBF off. Can I get some help here???  :rant:

have you uncompressed them and installed them into addon?  Have you ever gotten any mod maps to work before?  How many maps do you have in your addon folder?  Please count them and let us know.

You can get help here, but remember, we are gamers too.   Answer the questions above, and we might be able to help you figure this out.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

February 26, 2013, 12:49:21 PM #3 Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:53:07 PM by (LOS)LDR.FLAME{380}
yes i unzipped them and put them in addon and they do show up on my map list, but for some reason they just turn off my swbf (also for the record i do have several mod maps that i got off this site and they work)

Quote from: (LOS)LDR.FLAME{380} on February 26, 2013, 12:49:21 PM
yes i unzipped them and put them in addon and they do show up on my map list, but for some reason they just turn off my swbf (also for the record i do have several mod maps that i got off this site and they work)

We need you to count how many maps are in addon.

There is a limit.

idk how many there are exactly, but i do have more that dont work, and only like 34 of them show up on my map list and work

Quote from: (LOS)LDR.FLAME{380} on February 26, 2013, 01:48:33 PM
idk how many there are exactly, but i do have more that dont work, and only like 34 of them show up on my map list and work

Sounds like we have found your problem.

Move them ALL out EXCEPT for tat3.

Then put in the two new ones and try it.

wait wont that take the other ones off my map list in-game?

Quote from: (LOS)LDR.FLAME{380} on February 26, 2013, 02:10:44 PM
wait wont that take the other ones off my map list in-game?

Yes, but you can always move them back.  The limit is about 20 maps.  It appears you had too many.

Just create a new folder called 'add-on backup' or something and keep the ones you don't use so much in there, I think I have about 100 in mine so it's very useful. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

yes! i did what u said and now both Rhen Var: Bridge AND Bespin: Zombiecity r workin' thx so much!  :cheer:
(also for some reason my addon folder is only limited to 60)

Flame...It's not limited to 60 it's limited to around 25 for the maps to work if you have more than 25 in then they will not work. The files space is limited to 60 but only 25 or so can be in for it to work. I'm only repeating what others have said in this topic please read the topic over again...

ya ik but it for some reason lets all the ones in the folder work (btw u mad bro? :P)

He seems rather grim all the time to me too, Flame :D

Sometimes you can get it to work with a few more than the limit, but every now and then, it crashes...
I just delete the maps I don't really care for or play to much.. Which is alot of them :P

Ouch you all are mean! I was just a little frustrated after reading this topic over and over and it seems as though you aren't listening to what Buckler has said to you at all, sorry if I seem mad.