Demo (March build) Sounds from Side files

Started by Dark_Phantom, July 17, 2020, 07:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 17, 2020, 07:05:46 AM Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 07:08:01 AM by Dark_Phantom
Demo (March build) Sounds from Side files

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1555

In this download are the decompiled CIS_snd and REP_snd files included with the leaked March 2004 build of the game.  Many of the sounds have no names and are left with their hex representations.  They have already been converted to standard 16 bit wav format.  There are sounds included in the world files but I haven't gotten around to all of them yet.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Do we know if many of these sound files are different to the main release?
The years just fly past, don't they?

I know for sure that the blaster sound placeholder used for most of the weapons in both the March 2004 build and the DVD demo is the AT-XT's blaster cannon sfx from the 2002 Clone Wars game.  :D

The VO are all different.  It is very likely it was all recorded in-house while they waited for the official VO for the game. Cut bonuses are referenced and also there are plenty of sounds that I don't believe made it into the final release.

Note: the program I used to extract these is publicly available on github.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Minor detail, but I noticed that the blaster sound for the clone troopers was different in the E3 gameplay compared to the March 2004 build. It is in the REP_snd folder though (thanks Dark_Phantom!).  :tu:

Is it me or are all the music files slightly off-key?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Could it be the compression?  I didn't notice but I also was not paying close attention when I extracted them - also I didn't think other Xbox files sounded different, so maybe they were transposed/edited ever so slightly (but I doubt it).

It could be that the files were in a non-standard bitrate originally. Changing bitrates without resampling changes the speed/pitch and if the bit rate was originally something like 40kHz then it sounds slightly off.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base