March 2004 build discovered

Started by Giftheck, July 13, 2020, 01:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
DylanRocket has posted a video of the March 2004 build, with many, many differences to the final game.

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

wow that love the blue command posts. now we need to build the maps from that version.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

inb4 I attempt to convert that Theed map to PC.

I commented this, but seriously, great find DylanRocket and Aden.  This was pretty much one of the few things left to find for the demo scene of BF1.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

really is that map available for download ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

And suddenly all of those theories about the Officer class have been turned on their heads. The clone Officer being a red ARC trooper and not the yellow-lined unit found in images (which was a prototype Pilot)? Interesting.

I'll have to rewrite portions of my retrospective in light of this video.

Quote from: Michaeluj on July 13, 2020, 07:04:19 AM
And suddenly all of those theories about the Officer class have been turned on their heads. The clone Officer being a red ARC trooper and not the yellow-lined unit found in images (which was a prototype Pilot)? Interesting.

I'll have to rewrite portions of my retrospective in light of this video.

Haha, I immediately thought of your retrospective when I saw this.

It's nice that new revelations come out after all these years though!

Yes, the retrospective is looking pretty good, probably close to finish. Right now, I think it's at the stage when I'm mostly concerned with polish and considering interview questions for any developers interested in responding.

Also, the document for BF1, alone, is now over 400 pages. Sure, much of that is just articles, but that's still a substantial piece of work!

This is absolutely fascinating!
I'd absolutely love to play those prototype map builds. Naboo and Geonosis particularly intrigue me.

I'm just amazed. I didn't think it would ever get discovered. This is great!  :tu:
Silly little guy.

This is awesome seeing more of the proto maps since we only got glimpses of them in the early trailers & screenshots.
Seeing the IG88 model for the assassin droid class in action looks great on those older animations.

It makes me wonder what the alternate firing modes are like for the weapons used by the droids and clones.
Seeing this makes me excited about knowing more of the history behind each of the classes, vehicles, and maps!  :cheer:

Quote from: SolarStorm327 on July 14, 2020, 02:29:12 PM
Seeing the IG88 model for the assassin droid class in action looks great on those older animations.

I never even knew they made an IG88 model. I kinda wish they used it. :( It looked great!
Silly little guy.

I did a complete playthrough on my channel on physical hardware, for a more detailed look at everything included.
https://youtu.be/nXkfpg5aXR4
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

July 15, 2020, 01:54:39 AM #12 Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:09:48 AM by Giftheck
I like the layout of the Theed map much more than the stock map - it feels more like a city. Agreed on the floor texture though.

Looks like they kept the majority of Dune Sea's terrain and restricted the map to the area where the Sarlacc was in the March 2004 build.

Hoth was pretty much locked down early by the looks of things. Interesting that the AT-AT wrecks remained instead of exploding like they do in the final game.

I wonder if weapon modes still work in the final game.

Quote from: Skinny on July 14, 2020, 03:29:57 PM
I never even knew they made an IG88 model. I kinda wish they used it. :( It looked great!

It's one of the few cut units still in the mod tools.

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on July 14, 2020, 09:35:48 PM
I did a complete playthrough on my channel on physical hardware, for a more detailed look at everything included.
https://youtu.be/nXkfpg5aXR4
That moving aurora effect on Rhen Var is fab!

I noticed that the Dark Trooper has different shoulder plates. Even the IFT fighter tanks have double barreled laser turrets before switching over to the single barrel turret (they don't seem to have animated fins at that point either).