Problems with my wireless connection

Started by Pilot Gus, July 15, 2016, 07:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm having some trouble connecting to the servers, and I think it's because I'm using a wireless signal (I'm not using cable Ethernet for now). Too bad, 'cause I haven't even had the chance to participate in the ICW6 for my SWBF1 games. Does anyone know if there's a way to play online using a wireless connection?

First of all, can you see the server list?  (SWBF1 or SWBF2)

Can you join a server?  (Try SWBFgamers.com cloud city) and tell me your ping, and what state/part of the world you live in.

After that, we can talk wireless issues.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

So, I can see all servers (I only use SWBF1), and I have a ping of 63, and I joined cloud city server. Then, after the map load up, the screen shows "connection to server lost" with an OK flashing in a blue option box. I am in NYC in USA, can you help please?

OK, then we know that you can join a server and you are using the SWBFspy patch. 

Do you have any mods installed?  I assume you have upgraded to 1.2. Make sure there are no shell or common.lvl or mission.lvl mods installed.  This is the most common reason for this type of error.

I am not completely sure it really is the wireless connection yet.  Is there any way you test it out on that computer with an ethernet cable?

If you know that particular game installation works just fine on ethernet, there might be some settings that you can adjust in your router.  But let's find out for sure first.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet