mod tools and windows 10?

Started by tab328, January 04, 2017, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm running windows 10 anniversary on at least one pc. Does anyone know if this os will put any of the mod tools on the fritz? Should I be running them in compatibility mode, or using some other means of making them compatible?

I'm mildly uncertain about whether I have everything set up right, I've followed all the tuts I can find around here on such things. (I don't know if things aren't working right, or if it merely is that I'm not attuned to the software)
EG: I followed led's tut on modding a stock world. Upon opening zeroeditor, I am greeted with a gray screen, no world to see. I can however load the tat003 map just fine.

There are some graphics cards that don't work with ZE, but if you can see a world in it, I think you are OK.

When it is time to munge you will probably need to use the 64-bit munge procedure.  If you downloaded the mod tools with fixed (that I compiled) the munge fix should be in there.

Let us know if you hit any snags.  Screen shots are good too.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yes, I have the 64 bit munging.

The only map I can view is the shipped addons Jabba's palace (DataTat3) since it's already set up as a project.

I suppose I should only start asking questions once I have everything on my new pc (gtx 1070 graphics card, windows 10 anniversary).

Also, the version of SWBFI I'm using came in a standalone CD case, not part of a collection. The disc came with the jabba's palace addon. I think this means I don't have the best of pc edition, but I'm not sure which one I have, and if there are patches to be installed for anything. Got it for $2 at a local staples a few years ago, a $2 very well spent!

I'll bet I've already seen the information in my many hours of lurking, but have forgotten. Thanks for the help and thanks in advance!

if it came w/ jabba's palace it is BoPC (or at least the same game version)