More than one installed copy?

Started by Giftheck, November 19, 2016, 12:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible to have more than one installed copy of Battlefront? I'm considering making a mod much more based off EA's Battlefront for GCW only and I don't want to have to keep switching my mods around every time.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I am not sure about two different registered copies.  But what I have done in the past is have (two different folders)

Battlefront
Battlefront_copy

and then just rename them when I wanted to switch.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Well, 'installed' might be the wrong word, but I made a copy of Battlefront and ran that copy with no problems. So it is entirely possible to have two copies of the game on your hard drive and be able to run them both.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

November 19, 2016, 04:15:08 PM #3 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:17:59 PM by Commander Awesome
Just directly copying my installation works for me. It may depend on what OS and version of the game you're using. I use Windows 7 64-bit with the Best of PC version. Though it's also worked when I used Windows XP 32-bit.

Right, you can have as many copies of the battlefront folder you can handle and run different mods in each, but you cannot register two different CD keys at the same time as it now.  All folders will use the same CD key in the registry.