RSS Feed for SWBFGamers?

Started by Gold Man, October 23, 2013, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, today I was browsing some other forums, and found on one of them a feature called "RSS Feed". I know this is used to feed people blog posts and sometimes forum posts, but I wondered, why doesn't SWBFGamers have an RSS Feed? I know there's probably few people that use them, but for some like me, it would be cool to have. That way I don't have to always boot up my laptop, open Chrome, and then login and view unread topics, instead I'd just see them as they come. :P

Anyways, just a suggestion I thought of for the site. If we don't have it for some good reason, that's cool with me. :P

a feed like that is a terrible idea, as you would see every post, and it would clutter up. I tried that once. It didn't work. There is an app called pulse that i believe is able to do this, it should be both ios and android.
However, a feed that displays only stuff in the news section might be useful, as there is a lot of stuff that you have to go through to get to the topics.

Alternatively, you could check the "stay logged in" button and bookmark the following:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0

It will show you all the updated topics since your last visit.

I stopped reading RSS feeds a couple of years ago, as my interests swayed away from the feeds I was following. It turned into a bunch of streams of blog entries and articles I just marked as read and moved on with the day. Eventually I recognized checking the feeds as a literal time waster and just started skipping it. I deleted the cache of articles a couple of months ago, it was like 300mb of "I can't remember why I wanted to know about it."

While I do actively read every thing here, I don't think I would set up an RSS reader just for this site.

Personally, I like it how it is.

Well, I'm not sure how to set one up for this site, so...I guess we go old school :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet