SWBF2SPY changed game from 1.3 to 1.1 + other problems *URGENT*

Started by Ser Scrumpie, September 21, 2016, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Anyder on September 23, 2016, 02:25:06 AM
U are not able to see us helping cause u came here with that "You MUST fix my game attitude" and that is so not happening.
Read:
The exe is not able to revert a mod. The exe has no such power.

No, I'm not able to see you helping because you're not. For example:

QuoteIm not sure on what 1.3 u have, but I have the 1.3 upgrade and im able to run it with my patch.
QuoteMy clan in swbf2 has been using the swbf2 mappack for 4 years and has NEVER had a problem with gameshare or swbfspy.
QuotePersonally I recommend u that if ure not "new" to this stuff, feel free to hexedit ur exe.

All of the above are ramblings and personal accounts. You're a moderator right? Telling somebody to "feel free to hexedit ur exe" isn't "help". :) It's not up to you to decide if you're "helping" or not. It's up to the person you're giving your..."help" to to decide if your words and advice are worth anything.

Everyone else has a least tried to understand the problem and give tips and pointers, dispite stating I've tried/confirmed they won't work, what the problem is, etc, but all you've done is tell me to "figure it out" with broken grammar.

QuoteThe exe CANT delete or remove files. What the exe does is load the files from the GameData folder and the AddOn and connect to a general server (SWBFSpy) to display servers in the browser.
Just by changing the server, the file cant destroy ur game. U should know what u are going to do before u do it, and not blame someone else for a mistake u could have done.

See? Half of that was actually almost on the choo choo train to "Help Ville". But you had to just end it with that last part.

The exe file can't remove files. Correct! But the exe can, did, and has interfered with the multiplayer setting as a whole, and somehow messed with the singleplayer gamemodes as well. Permanently. To the point the only gamemodes that work are Vanilla maps for Galactic Civil War on Gameranger. And I did know what I was doing. I read a guide, copypasted the exe into my gamedata folder, and it "broke the game." There were no "mistakes" involved. I quite literally copy and pasted a thing into a folder. That's all I did, as I've said before. Pretty hard to mess that up, so naturally you'd assume it's some form of a compatibility issue. Which I'm almost certain it was at this point.

Quote from: Anyder on September 23, 2016, 03:02:09 AM
My game is in spanish and just by using the english exe the game is in english, but i have never had a crash because of that.

Quote from: oldsnake on September 23, 2016, 02:43:03 AM
in the screen shot http://prnt.sc/ckvbxw
could the os language be the problem?
maybe that exe is english only? http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1384

(Not my screenshot, it's my friends. But my gamedata folder pretty much looked EXACTLY like that in English)

Quote from: Vithral on September 23, 2016, 03:15:59 AM
No, I'm not able to see you helping because you're not. For example:

All of the above are ramblings and personal accounts. You're a moderator right? Telling somebody to "feel free to hexedit ur exe" isn't "help". :) It's not up to you to decide if you're "helping" or not. It's up to the person you're giving your..."help" to to decide if your words and advice are worth anything.

Everyone else has a least tried to understand the problem and give tips and pointers, dispite stating I've tried/confirmed they won't work, what the problem is, etc, but all you've done is tell me to "figure it out" with broken grammar.
I may not be helping, but u are not helping urself either. Im not here being paid to get ur game fixed. I already have a job. SWBFSpy is a masterserver we're hosting/paying on our own. Nobody else is paying for it.

Moderators are here to moderate, not because of any other reason.
Helping comes with experience, and none of us has ever had that problem before, so we obviously do not know how to fix it.
I'm telling u to get ur exe patch cause u just came here, blamed the patch for no reason, and told us to fix it. That is not asking for help. Also I never said I was helping, I just told u that u weren't asking for help, but to get ur problem solved.

Please sweetheart, it's not like im gonna talk u using proper grammar. This is not the Proficiency exam, i already did that years ago. This is a forum, to discuss stuff about SWBF.

Quote from: Vithral on September 23, 2016, 03:15:59 AM
See? Half of that was actually almost on the choo choo train to "Help Ville". But you had to just end it with that last part.

The exe file can't remove files. Correct! But the exe can, did, and has interfered with the multiplayer setting as a whole, and somehow messed with the singleplayer gamemodes as well. Permanently. To the point the only gamemodes that work are Vanilla maps for Galactic Civil War on Gameranger. And I did know what I was doing. I read a guide, copypasted the exe into my gamedata folder, and it "broke the game." There were no "mistakes" involved. I quite literally copy and pasted a thing into a folder. That's all I did, as I've said before. Pretty hard to mess that up, so naturally you'd assume it's some form of a compatibility issue. Which I'm almost certain it was at this point.
Well, its quite weird cause out of all the 5000 downloads the file has had, ure the exception who got the game destroyed.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on September 23, 2016, 03:30:20 AM
Helping comes with experience, and none of us has ever had that problem before, so we obviously do not know how to fix it.

Alllllll of your posts could've been avoided if you said this. Would've saved me a lot of reply time. ;)

QuoteI'm telling u to get ur exe patch cause u just came here, blamed the patch for no reason, and told us to fix it. That is not asking for help. Also, I never said I was helping, I just told u that u weren't asking for help, but to get ur problem solved.

I blamed the patch because it's what messed up my game. It was working 100% before I put the exe into my gamedata folder. I moved absolutely nothing except the BFspy into my gamedata while in the process of doing so. If there was "no reason" for it I wouldn't have posted 2 threads on 2 different websites in the middle of the night after being awake for 20 hours asking how to revert the changes the exe made to my game.

QuotePlease sweetheart, it's not like I'm gonna talk u using proper grammar. This is not the Proficiency exam, I already did that years ago. This is a forum, to discuss stuff about SWBF.

Yet another reason not to take you seriously then. If you're going to speak, act, and treat a new member to your community like a 10 year old instead of a forum moderator that's your own choice. All that makes me do is not take you seriously.

QuoteWell, its quite weird cause out of all the 5000 downloads the file has had, ure the exception who got the game destroyed.

Well I'm honoured to be your first! :cheer:

Quote from: Vithral on September 23, 2016, 03:59:03 AM
I blamed the patch because it's what messed up my game. It was working 100% before I put the exe into my gamedata folder. I moved absolutely nothing except the BFspy into my gamedata while in the process of doing so. If there was "no reason" for it I wouldn't have posted 2 threads on 2 different websites in the middle of the night after being awake for 20 hours asking how to revert the changes the exe made to my game.

Yet another reason not to take you seriously then. If you're going to speak, act, and treat a new member to your community like a 10 year old instead of a forum moderator that's your own choice. All that makes me do is not take you seriously.
I've just talked to Sue about ur issue and she sent me some chats u two had:

1) 1.3 upgrade doesnt change the game version. It only adds some features to the game. The numbers at the top (left or right, i do not remember) will not change. -Im writing this cause I saw in the chat that u said it did, but it doesnt-

2) [9:31:28 AM] Vithral: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...abooooooooout that...
[9:31:59 AM] Vithral: So, er, I installed this this: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1385
[9:32:24 AM] Vithral: Put it into my gamedata folder and everything. Not addon. You know.
[9:32:54 AM] Vithral: And basically now my game is stuck on conversion patch 1.1 and literally nothing I do is reversing it.
[9:33:02 AM] Vithral: There's more downloads, isn't there?

How are u supposed to install a SWBF1 patch in ur SWBF2 game ? Obviously ur game doesnt work anymore. Im not even sure u were able to run that file.

3) [9:38:29 AM] Vithral: You know like
[9:38:42 AM] Vithral: In the righthand corner?
[9:39:02 AM] Vithral: Where it usually gives off the version name? In this case it'd say "1.3"
[9:39:16 AM] (IGF)SueKrueger13: Nope. It doesn't
[9:39:34 AM] (IGF)SueKrueger13: The 1.3 doesn't show up. Because it doesn't change the game version

She's right.

4) [10:04:48 AM] (IGF)SueKrueger13: Anyder said on the forum that sometimes people have problems with the normal exe. So he made the autoinstaller
[10:05:12 AM] Vithral: The moderator on swbfgamers basically called me an idiot and that there's nothing wrong with my game
[10:05:34 AM] Vithral: Anyder is one useless  :censored: mod

I never said there was nothing wrong with ur game. Obviously if u install stuff incorrectly, the game is gonna crash.

5) Im gonna speak, act, and treat u the same way u do.

------

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Anyder on September 23, 2016, 04:18:24 AM

2) [9:31:28 AM] Vithral: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...abooooooooout that...
[9:31:59 AM] Vithral: So, er, I installed this this: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1385
[9:32:24 AM] Vithral: Put it into my gamedata folder and everything. Not addon. You know.
[9:32:54 AM] Vithral: And basically now my game is stuck on conversion patch 1.1 and literally nothing I do is reversing it.
[9:33:02 AM] Vithral: There's more downloads, isn't there?

Yes.  No wonder your game won't work anymore if you install SWBF1 patch for SWBF2...

This is exactly why we need so much detail when something goes wrong for a player.

It is like someone telling us that their car engine won't start--then we find out they own a bicycle.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Apparently I sent the wrong link? The BF2 exe is the only one I ha(d)ve downloaded. Proof for you.

http://imgur.com/gDBxh7M

If you need me to screencap my recycle bin next...

Chat holds out though. She cut a lot of it out. Tell her to send you the full thing. If not I'll screencap on my phone and create another imgur album.

Quote from: Anyder on September 23, 2016, 04:18:24 AM
I've just talked to Sue about ur issue and she sent me some chats u two had:

1) 1.3 upgrade doesnt change the game version. It only adds some features to the game. The numbers at the top (left or right, i do not remember) will not change. -Im writing this cause I saw in the chat that u said it did, but it doesnt-

She actually caught me on that, it was a mistake. I didn't have an excuse aside from that. I go over that in the PM's as well.

QuoteHow are u supposed to install a SWBF1 patch in ur SWBF2 game ? Obviously ur game doesnt work anymore. Im not even sure u were able to run that file.

The BF2 patch is all I have installed, and even changed my Multiplayer bottom hand corner to the "Powered by Gamespy" logo? upon installing into my gamedata folder and booting up the game.

Quote[spoiler][/spoiler]

3rd from the top starting under "screenshots" is exactly what I had before renaming the file and taking out the spaces.

Quote from: Vithral on September 23, 2016, 05:15:45 AM
She actually caught me on that, it was a mistake. I didn't have an excuse aside from that. I go over that in the PM's as well.

The BF2 patch is all I have installed, and even changed my Multiplayer bottom hand corner to the "Powered by Gamespy" logo? upon installing into my gamedata folder and booting up the game.

3rd from the top starting under "screenshots" is exactly what I had before renaming the file and taking out the spaces.
The swbfspy patch wont change any logo.

Quote from: Anyder on September 23, 2016, 05:33:44 AM
The swbfspy patch wont change any logo.

It didn't "change" anything, persay, but it added a "powered by gamespy" thing. Here:

https://youtu.be/GQBf71FJHwc?t=2m8s

It may have been Gameranger, but the added thing popped up after installing both.

So...

I just installed the Auto installer before installing any mods. So far everything seems to be in order, though I haven't tested anything yet. I created an account, and the server lists are popping up just fine. I'm getting kind of sick of arguing back and forth with our lovely moderator Anyder so I'm going to formally say this is "Solved without being solved" and leave it at that.

To everybody else though, or at least the majority of you, thanks for at least trying to give helpful suggestions. If for whatever reason compatibility with 1.3 or any other mods come up I'll create a new board and post the link to this one for reference, so we can actually go into files and figure out compatibility problems.

*I had a post and then you posted.

1.3 has not had any major compatibility issues with SWBFSpy.  If you find any, please document them very clearly and then tell us.
Please stop taking jabs at anyone on this site, including moderators.  When you post, describe your issue in detail and follow instructions given.  There's a chance they won't work, and you may need to reinstall your game, but we are trying to help.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

The problem is not that. The problem is that everyone thinks that u have no idea on how to install a mod, and whats more, create a mod.
You are arguing with me because like i said, u came here with a really bad attitude thinking we were here to work for you.
We would have liked u to read the forum rules, rather than just giving us problems and headaches.

You should know that i'm not a full moderator of the forum, otherwise i would be displayed in the forum staff, but i am the moderator of SWBFSpy and SWBF2.

I do not know how u wanted us to help u. You never wrote any post saying what you wanted us to help you with. Instead all you did was complain about the exe. So once again, I would like u to read the forum rules before you post here.

You said that u "fixed" it so the thread has come to an end. Im gonna go ahead and lock this.
If u wish to comunicate with any of us, send us a PM.