Supreme Dogfighting in Battlefront

Started by wookieejedi, January 06, 2010, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 06, 2010, 05:53:12 PM Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:57:19 PM by wookieejedi
I have always wanted more out of the flying aspect of Battlefront. So I had an idea using auto firing turrets.  The command line Auto Fire = "1" makes any turret shooting continually in a straight line with no bot needed in it.

What I have been trying to accomplish is this: having the auto turret lock on to a flying AI/player controlled fighter, then shooting a fighter msh instead of a missle msh, but also allowing for the fake missile fighter to be able to have the auto fire itself as it is tracking an AI/player controlled real ship. This could be done by slowing the turn rate and speed of the missle, and also lengthening the lifespan.

The result would be a tremendous leap in Space and Dogfight map making. Fake fighters could actually follow you and continually shoot at you, making Dog Fighting much harder and more enjoyable in SP.

I have tried to do this but the missile property does not allow for anything to be fired, so I need a way to make a heat seeking object that can fire shots.

Any ideas at all on how to make a heat seeking object that fires shots would hugely appreciated, plus a revolutionary BF space map could be made if this puzzle was solved.

Nexus knows about heat seakers. I will talk to him and ask him to look at this topic.

Quote from: wookieejedi on January 06, 2010, 05:53:12 PMI need a way to make a heat seeking object that can fire shots.
Not possible. Ordnance can't fire ordnance.

probe droids can fire, so maybe a way to have a neat seeking probe droid?

Probe Droids are not in the "Ordnance" class. In fact, they're in the "Droid" class. I don't know the specifics of the class because I've never modified it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

yeah I meant that the auto turret fires a probe droid, which also has auto fire. I was just wondering if somehow there was  away to make the probe droid, be able to follow a AI/player controlled fighter with out Direct AI/player controlling it