Main Play Mod 7

Started by ggctuk, October 18, 2009, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 10, 2010, 08:56:59 AM #60 Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:24:11 AM by ggctuk
Thanks!

I just got a few more kinks to iron out first, but perhaps a beta might be ready some time in the next couple of weeks.

Some minor aspects regarding the campaign will have changed too. For instance, you'll face smugglers in Mos Eisley's Campaign mode instead of Rebels. You'll probably face Kota's Militia in the Dune Sea.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

ggctuk, I am still here, cool pictures.

The Alliance Hover Tank is in. At the moment, with it set up like the BF2 vehicle, it's waaaay too overpowered (can take an AT-ST down in about 10 seconds). So to tone it down the vehicle won't be having explosions for the lasers. Heck, I might just do that for all ground vehicles except for the massive ones (AT-TE, AT-AT, Hovernaut and MTT)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Exploding lasers?
If you mean by that the element in the lasers that make people go flying and die from an indorect hit i think thats a good idea, except maybe for the AT-STs.
They just always seemed too underpowered to me....

I was just thinking of modifying the Alliance Attack Speeder and the AAT to do this.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Good ideas, I will be here when you are done.

Yea i always thought the AAT and rebel speeder were too powerful....

Navy Commando on Bespin:

Not much new on the scene. The Campaign version of Mos Eisley no longer has Rebels, but sticks a bit closer to the briefings. Now you have to fight the locals instead, including the Jawas which are armed with ARC Casters :O
In Progress:

On Hold:

Cool :tu:
These changes will help make the bf1 campaign less horrible.

Okay, so here we go with a status update:

- Split up the Clone legions into separate LVL files. It's less cluttered for me that way. Heroes and Villains also have their own seperate LVL files too.
- Yavin IV: Temple has been added back into the mod. Instead of modifying the Temple CP, I've modified the Overlook CP to give the Alliance a Light Attack Speeder and the AT-PT if they capture it.
- I've chosen a few custom maps to remake the mission files. They include: Corsucant: Streets, Coruscant: City, Felucia: Marshland, Kashyyyk: Wookieland, Kashyyyk: Beachhead, Mustafar: Refinery, Mygeeto: War-Torn City (possibly reconverted), Kamino: Cloning Facility (reconverted by me), Utapau: Sinkhole (considering reconverting this myself to fix collision issues), Coruscant: Jedi Temple (Possible reconversion dependant on whether I can get certain props re-exported with the proper names for their collisions - I've got some fixed already such as the Library), Death Star: Interior, possibly a space map if I can find BF2 source files for space maps.
-Many new SFX have been brought in for various weapons. For instance, the AT-ST's main guns sound correct now.
- Jon415, UNIT33 and Hardcore are the beta testers.

I'll see about a trailer sometime soon.
In Progress:

On Hold:

is this a sort of mod map/map pack?
Because if its just a mod it would be ashame

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

It's not 'just' a mod Verik.
The mod affects the whole game-play of SWBF, new maps, sides, sounds, music, skins and weapons, so it ain't 'just' a mod.

Allright....THE mod should be a mod map, because then you can also play it online whitout those noobs who never played whit a mod dont need explanation

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse