Main Play Mod 7

Started by ggctuk, October 18, 2009, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyhow, I know you did slave over tuning the flame thrower but I think it needs a little tweaking,
either that or the Flame trooper could be given a third primary weapon, a pistol or something ?
I'm fairly sure units can be given three weapons ?
The Clone Commando in the elite troops mod had a rifle, pistol and a grenade launcher, if I am not mistaken.
And this may all be too late in the day for suggestions, but I preferred the magna guard without the cape...
Sorry I didn't think of all of this earlier  :slap:

Yes, the Commando may have more than two primary weapons, however, they were primary weapons. In total, I believe a unit can only have four weapons.

Here's a screen of the new unit (this here's from my Mission Mod that's coming up, but it'll be essentially the same):

At first glane you might say this is just a Phase II clone, but look a bit more carefully at the helmet.

This is how the Clone Troopers looked in the PS2/Wii version of The Force Unleashed.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I like the main play mod a lot. It's without doubt the best mod ever created for BF1 but there are still something to change I think. There is some problem with clone commander on tatooine. There is an "unidentifiable" object under him which is somehow sticked with him. You cannot see it on first sight but when you jump or use jetpack you can see that thing. I also think that shots from clone commander's shotgun would have been blue.

That "thing" is a bone-root mesh that isn't supposed to appear. However, it does for some reason and I have yet to figure it out. The AT-RT Driver on Kashyyyk also has the same problem too.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

On the times i have played as an AT-RT pilot, i do not remember seeing a bone root mesh or anything below him.
And i do agree with titus labienus that the shotgun shots should be blue.

Yep, I will change that. It's just that I based it off the Dark Trooper's shotgun.
In Progress:

On Hold:

January 08, 2010, 10:23:38 AM #53 Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:38:14 AM by ggctuk
Some new screens from kashyyyk (sounds are now fixed for CW era - I had to create a different sound LVL file that uses less shipped sounds for it)

Yep, you saw right - I've gone and replaced the BF1 Kashyyyk textures, and some bits (like the huts on the platforms) with new stuff straight from BF2!

The Heavy Trooper is there as a "Demo" to my next project, a generic sides mod based on The Force Unleashed and The Clone Wars TV series. It's only playable on Kashyyyk, and is NOT an alternative skin to the Incinerator (unlike the Imperial Katarn Armoured Trooper on Naboo)

That is also a new font. BF2's FontEdit and FontMunge programs are backwards compatible, it seems.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Woa
that looks awsome!!!

The new font looks a little small on the reinforcement counter though

Fonts generally don't look as good in SPTest (which is where these screens come from - green strip removed courtesy of Battlebelk's SPTest Loader).

I found four empty vehicle spawn points in Kashyyyk, two by the bridges descending from the pier CPs. I'm going to see what I can put there (probably IFT-Ts and Combat Speeders)
In Progress:

On Hold:

I think maybe Kashyyyk could put those two seater speeder bikes to good use,
perhaps they could spawn in the unused spawn points ?

January 09, 2010, 10:50:00 AM #57 Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:58:11 PM by ggctuk
You mean the ones in Naboo: prototype?

I've filled the spots with IFT-Ts and Combat Speeders respectively. It's not fair to have something that light against heavier vehicles such as the Spider Walker, Snail Tank and AT-ST.

I tried putting them into Yavin IV: Temple, but anything bigger than a speeder bike ends up colliding with an invisible wall before they get outside the Temple.

I'm also looking for three or four beta testers. This time I don't want to take chances with mine being one of the few systems that runs the game smoothly.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Ill test it for you, just let me know when.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I'd be happy to test, I'll do my best to give some constructive feedback.
Just PM me when ever.