How do I remove ground color in ZeroEditor?

Started by Phobos, March 15, 2012, 09:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 15, 2012, 09:50:38 PM Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:20:56 PM by Phobos
Well there is a problem with white ground textures at long distances they turn a dull brownish/orange and it looks pretty bad in game. I'm trying to find out how to remove the color underneath the ground textures, you can see it outside of the map here.

I tried painting over it with white and nothing happens. I can paint over it with any other color like black, blue, green, red, etc. But then if I try gray or white it goes back to that dull brown/orange. That color shows up if I remove the texture names in zeroeditor also.

Are you familiar with low-rez terrain textures?

There are no lowres terrain textures being used in this; if I delete every TGA within the databes2 directory and then load the map in zeroeditor it still shows this color.

LowResTerrain()
{
Texture("bespin2_lowresterrain");
PatchResolution(10);
MaxDistance(400);
TextureScale(20.0);
FogNear(80.0);
FogFar(430.0);
FogColor(45,45,60,100);

}

Your problem appears to be the fact that at a distane SWBF switches the terrain over to the Lowres texture as defined above. I could be wrong, but just a thought.

The LowResTerrain() code you posted is not in my sky file. I have also tested modifications to this code however, and the results proved once again that the low res texture has nothing to do with the problem.

March 16, 2012, 12:31:45 AM #5 Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:39:51 AM by SleepKiller
Quote from: Phobos on March 16, 2012, 12:14:29 AM
The LowResTerrain() code you posted is not in my sky file. I have also tested modifications to this code however, and the results proved once again that the low res texture has nothing to do with the problem.
I'm trying to point out this texture to you... bespin2_lowresterrain.tga .

Indeed I have tried many things with that file but it has no impact on this problem.

I've tried alpha channel (transparent), all white, all black, adjustments in the sky file, etc. If you can verify a solution that works I'm willing to try it again but so far I've pretty much gave up on finding a fix for this.

Hoth and RhenVar have white grounds, perhaps there is a clue there?