SWBF2 Wookie Dreads

Started by Ascertes, April 22, 2017, 01:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all. I'm trying to figure out how to get the wookiee  dreads from battlefront 2 to work in battlefront 1.

I've been able to copy the textures onto a stock bf1 wookiee model, but whenever I add the code for the dreads the game crashes when I try to start the map. The wookiee works fine without the code for the dreads (but the dreads are missing so he looks kind of funny.)

Are the dreadlocks just not compatible with swbf1, or do I need to do something special? So far I've just copy-pasted code and changed what textures the model uses.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

It's not compatible, or at least no one has been able to make it work.  I don't think animations on character models are supported.  Last time someone asked, I had the thought that we should look at the sarlac animation and see if they could be placed on a character model.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

That's unfortunate to hear. I guess I'll have to stick with a weird looking wookiee for the time being  :wacko:

I'm not an expert on animations, but perhaps we could get them to work similar to the capes that vader and dooku wear? Just a "cloth" that moves as you walk?
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

If you have access to Mod Tool, you could attach the dreads addon mesh to the head mesh, envelope and weight them to the bone_head then bend the dreads to they're behind the wookie's head properly. They'd be static but that's better than nothing.

Sereja once sent me the Wookie Dreads addon so I could hex-edit them onto the SWBF2 wookie. I may still have that Wookie model somewhere. I'll take a look.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1