Fixing the walk cycle of the AT-AT

Started by Giftheck, April 19, 2017, 12:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 19, 2017, 12:20:19 PM Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:27:29 PM by Gistech
I've noticed that in both the original game and in SWBF2, there are a few lines that control how the walkers move, particlarly how fast their animations play:

TEMP_AnimationSpeed = "1.5"
TEMP_Type = "1" //Sets up collision and number of legs, will be moved to the msh file

Here is the AT-ST's for comparison:

TEMP_AnimationSpeed = "1.0"
TEMP_Type = "0"

The AT-TE's:

TEMP_AnimationSpeed         = "1.5"
TEMP_Type           = "0"

And the Spider Droid's:

TEMP_AnimationSpeed = "1.0"
TEMP_Type = "0"

Now, TEMP_AnimationSpeed, when altered, does exactly what it says on the tin. It changes the animation speed. I have no idea what TEMP_Type does exactly. However, I did notice one or two things when I fiddle with these:

-Changing the TEMP_AnimationSpeed tends to mess up the feet collision detection on the AT-AT.
-TEMP_Type, as is commented, is supposed to set up the collision and number of legs but is apparently moved to the MSH file. The AT-AT is the only one with a value of 1 here. I've tried other values for it, including 0, but they too seem to mess up the walk cycle effects.

There is also another issue: the sound effects for the hydraulics. They seem to play constantly when the AT-AT is on the move. I'm aiming to replace these with the correct lift sounds from the film but there's no point if they play in this same manner.

There is another thing I noticed: The AT-AT and AT-ST ODFs are the only walker/commandwalker class without a "StompDetectionType" value in them.

Has anybody played around with these values at all to see what works?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Can this values be used let say for a soldier?

TEMP_AnimationSpeed       = "1.5"
TEMP_Type          = "1"   

I made a walking animation for one of my soldiers but the walking animation itself is too slow compare to my actuall speed?Could this work for him?

As far as I know, these commands are unique to walker and commandwalker class vehicles.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1