Sun and Shadow Directions

Started by Ascertes, January 08, 2018, 04:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Greetings! Bit of a noob question, but I've reading the tutorial here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8418.0 on sky file editing, but I've been completely unable to get either the sun or the direction of the shadows to change at all in game. I've messed with the numbers under the SunInfo section of my Sky file, but even changing them extremely has no effect in game.

I'm just wondering if I'm just an idiot, or there is something else to this. Thanks!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

If you're wanting the sun flare effect to change where it's coming from - that has to be done in your ModID.fx file I believe. I think the lighting directions should be alterable in the ModID.sky file though so I'm not sure what's would be going wrong there.

SunInfo()
{
   Angle(145.000005, 150.000000);
   Color(210, 200, 190);
   ShadowColor(210, 200, 190);
   Texture("");
   Degree(0.000000);
   BackAngle(210.000042, 0.000000);
   BackColor(0, 0, 0);
   BackDegree(0.000000);
}

which values are you changing?  ???

Here's a link (shameless plug because I think it's very useful and would help the community) to sky assets I compiled that might help figure things out - it's kind of a copy/paste / drag&drop method of changing skies / adding various objects/effects to the dome (death star, moons, planets, clouds, trees, mountains, etc.)

"Skies Made Easy": (and a tutorial on sky dome flyers)  ;)
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=11701.msg112401#msg112401

Are you cleaning before munging?  :shrug:

I hope that's helpful? I'm not completely sure on changing shadow directions either and I'd have to test it out to see if it's something I just haven't run into needing to change yet.  :slap:

SunInfo()
{
   Angle(145.000005, 150.000000);

I've been messing around with these values.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.