Partial collision

Started by Triops, August 01, 2017, 01:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 01, 2017, 01:42:15 AM Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:49:09 AM by Triops
Hello,
I have this problem :( :
I want to make a mesh which has a "partial collision". The idea is to make a (static) character or figure (with collision) which emits a beam (f.e. a long polygon, only visual effect) with no collision.  It should be in the same mesh because when the character is destroyed the beam should be destroyed, too.
For testing, I made a simple character (a cone with a sphere as a head) and a scaled cube for the beam. For the character I made collisions (cone and ball) and named them collision1 and collision2. All of meshes I dragged into a NULL with the name DummyRoot.
I thought when I make a file with the extension .msh.option and edit -nocollision the "munger" will build my custom collisions for collision, but after munging there is really no collision and the collisions I made are useless. If I delete the msh.option-file. the "munger" makes the collision for the whole mesh.
Has anybody of you an idea?
Have a nice day  :)
Triops 

Perhaps you forgot to freeze all transforms for your collisions and they are appears elsewhere. Mostly, there is no reason to making a lot of collision meshes. You need just merge them in single collision, and yes, you need to remove -nocollision line from the .msh option file.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Hi Sereja, thank you for your fast answer. :)
I will realize what you wrote and look if I manage to solve it today.
Best wishes Triops