Death Star DLC Gameplay Trailer

Started by TheGangstarTY, September 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 20, 2016, 06:34:11 PM
Well, I played it, and I am not disappointed. The only part of it I didn't like is that the Y-wings, B-wings, TIE Bombers and TIE Defenders are not playable. But I DO like that they are at least present.
I've always enjoyed the TIE Defender.  I wish that more games would have taken advantage of that.  The B-wing isn't too shabby either in games where it is actually implemented.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

One thing I wish to ask, what's the trench run like? Has anyone tried it out yet?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 24, 2016, 01:18:53 PM
One thing I wish to ask, what's the trench run like? Has anyone tried it out yet?

I've tried it, and let me tell you this. It's quite fun if you're in the Red Five and you're near the end and then Vader appears behind you which allows you to reenact the scene from the film.
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 24, 2016, 01:18:53 PM
It is indeed very fun. And more importantly, it finally gives you a reason why the Rebels attacked in the trench instead of from above. (To avoid getting shot down in two seconds by TIEs)

I recently watched HelloGreedo's review on the DS DLC, and I think he states some interesting points.

https://youtu.be/cL4S4RKvWV0

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 24, 2016, 02:19:23 PM
I've tried it, and let me tell you this. It's quite fun if you're in the Red Five and you're near the end and then Vader appears behind you which allows you to reenact the scene from the film.
Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 24, 2016, 02:24:51 PM
It is indeed very fun. And more importantly, it finally gives you a reason why the Rebels attacked in the trench instead of from above. (To avoid getting shot down in two seconds by TIEs)
Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 25, 2016, 04:12:08 AM
I recently watched HelloGreedo's review on the DS DLC, and I think he states some interesting points.

To be fair, this does actually look really interesting! However I'd still pass for one reason:
Flying with a keyboard and mouse is traumatic. I just... No. I've tried so many times, it's the only thing I can't learn. Why? Because with a mouse, a lot of movement is required and I can never get just the right sensitivity/DPI. The alternative is using just the keyboard... which again is bad because I spend more time trying to stop the crosshair from jolting too fast forward. Hell, I've even tried using the mouse to aim and keyboard to shoot and you can tell how that turned out.

If I found the flying mechanics satisfying, which I don't, I would buy this DLC. I love the look of it but I don't think the replayability is going to change from this. The Battlestation things sounds cool though.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I do kinda have to agree with HelloGreedo's points. There's just way to much flying right now. Which is kind of ironic. We asked for space battles, they gave us space battles and now we're kind of sick of space battles. Please DICE, add more Game Modes.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 27, 2016, 03:01:32 PM
To be fair, this does actually look really interesting! However I'd still pass for one reason:
Flying with a keyboard and mouse is traumatic. I just... No. I've tried so many times, it's the only thing I can't learn. Why? Because with a mouse, a lot of movement is required and I can never get just the right sensitivity/DPI. The alternative is using just the keyboard... which again is bad because I spend more time trying to stop the crosshair from jolting too fast forward. Hell, I've even tried using the mouse to aim and keyboard to shoot and you can tell how that turned out.

If I found the flying mechanics satisfying, which I don't, I would buy this DLC. I love the look of it but I don't think the replayability is going to change from this. The Battlestation things sounds cool though.
To tell you the truth, I use an Xbox 360 controller for flying. I tried to do it with a mouse and keyboard, and just couldn't. I feel your pain.

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 27, 2016, 11:34:20 PM
But, don't they tend to only release one major patch after the DLC and then we don't get big patches until the next DLC?
Well, we haven't gotten the major patch after the DLC yet, so that may very well be it. Also, there's at least one patch every month.

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 25, 2016, 04:12:08 AM

I watched that too and you are right, the Death Star DLC seems poor in content compared to the others and the idea of just three modes is ridiculous.
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Quote from: i2Bros on September 29, 2016, 02:40:28 PM
I watched that too and you are right, the Death Star DLC seems poor in content compared to the others and the idea of just three modes is ridiculous.

The DLC that was the best imo was Bespin.

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 30, 2016, 04:41:35 AM
The DLC that was the best imo was Bespin.
Darth Nyx = HelloGreedo confirmed. :P 

Anyways, I think once they fix Battle Station mode (by giving the Imps a reason to win Stage 1), remove fighter squadron from the playlist, and add more infantry gamemodes, it will be a lot better. IMO the new maps, weapons and heroes (even though I would have preferred Obi-Wan) are really good, it's just the lack of infantry combat that's the real bummer for me.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 30, 2016, 10:36:52 AM
Darth Nyx = HelloGreedo confirmed. :P 

Anyways, I think once they fix Battle Station mode (by giving the Imps a reason to win Stage 1), remove fighter squadron from the playlist, and add more infantry gamemodes, it will be a lot better. IMO the new maps, weapons and heroes (even though I would have preferred Obi-Wan) are really good, it's just the lack of infantry combat that's the real bummer for me.
Exposed. :o

Anyway, I agree with you. They need more infantry modes. A mode I'd want would be HvV in the Death Star, and maybe a new mode to capture some points. 

Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 30, 2016, 10:36:52 AMremove fighter squadron from the playlist

I wouldn't remove Fighter Squadron from the playlist, just add more modes. But the developers did state that they'll likely add an option to stay in whatever mode you select instead of playing through the playlist.