EA Selected for Multi-Year Agreement for Future of Star Wars Games

Started by «ΙΞ¢KØ», May 06, 2013, 01:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 07, 2013, 06:43:55 AM
B. At the end of it they asked people to send in what ideas they wanted. Anyone care to take a guess at what people are asking for?
Star Wars Kinect 2?

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 07, 2013, 10:47:35 AM
Star Wars Kinect 2?
that would be terrible, don't haunt me  :(

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I know it's the biggest piece of schlock to come out of Star Wars, but remember most gamers are casual and are looking for a quick fix of entertainment.
They don't care about the finer things...

Thats not my problem, I just feel like a moron reaching out and gobbling rebel soldiers in best buy (or anywhere)

Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I am optimistic about this news. I mean, think about it, the last good multi-platform Star Wars game was TFU, even then some people didn't like that! And EA seems to produce great games. The way I see it, as long as it feels like Star Wars and the gameplay/story (if there is a story) need to be good. The rest will follow. When Pandemic made SWBFI I don't think they were expecting a community to grow and thrive for almost 10 years.

Just make good Star Wars games. Listen to the fans. Star Wars fans are pretty clear on what they like to see in games.

If they were to ever make another Star Wars shooter I would buy it instantly if it included all previous SWBFI/SWBFII maps. I would buy it just for that. Could someone suggest that on that suggestion list?

"Include previous Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront 2 maps in the next Star Wars shooter"

Thanks!  :cheers:

Catchy song, but I must say, I certainly hope that Star Wars doesn't get played like a trombone, much like the more recent Need For Speed games have.

Quote from: Buckler on May 07, 2013, 10:51:05 AM

Hahahahahaha!! That was the most disturbing/hilarious thing I've ever seen..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I think I saw somebody say we won't be able to mod SWBF anymore, not true, but we may not be able to host the files. I have heard from a community from another series that got acquired from EA, that they said they would sue anyone who hosted files, this was from one place I heard, it may not be fact, but it could be. Another reason to back this up is that I don't see mods for the game on any file hosting sites, I'm sure they would't want to risk getting sued over a file or two. But EA hasn't sued anyone for hosting files, yet, so if they do the same to the Star Wars Battlefront series, i'm sure we wouldn't get in any trouble, at least I think.

Quote from: Josh on May 08, 2013, 10:23:17 AM
I think I saw somebody say we won't be able to mod SWBF anymore, not true, but we may not be able to host the files. I have heard from a community from another series that got acquired from EA, that they said they would sue anyone who hosted files, this was from one place I heard, it may not be fact, but it could be. Another reason to back this up is that I don't see mods for the game on any file hosting sites, I'm sure they would't want to risk getting sued over a file or two. But EA hasn't sued anyone for hosting files, yet, so if they do the same to the Star Wars Battlefront series, i'm sure we wouldn't get in any trouble, at least I think.
Well if it is true, feel free to remove everything I've ever uploaded here, I do not want to see this place go down!

Quote from: Josh on May 08, 2013, 10:23:17 AM
Where did u hear such strange rumors?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 08, 2013, 11:12:34 AM
Well if it is true, feel free to remove everything I've ever uploaded here, I do not want to see this place go down!
I don't think you need to, even if the threatened, which I doubt they would, the chances of them actually doing that is slim.

Quote from: Phobos on May 08, 2013, 12:00:14 PM
Where did u hear such strange rumors?
What, that I saw that somebody said that we won't be able to mod SWBF anymore, or that a law may be possible. if it's a question on where I heard about EA suing modders, I heard the owner apologizing on a download site that they would no longer host mods because of a threat EA made, I don't remember the site or much about what he said, I just posted what I said so Bucky or anyone else would be caught off-guard.